Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news for perch? I heard of spot in about 3' of water and will be there tomarrow. Was wondering if anyone has been out within half mile. Don't want to post spot and have there be more masses than will already be there.Its no secret spot, but everyone knows how the tale grows and the cities spring up in a hurry on the weekends. If someone has been out and cares to share some info, I can tell you what and where I heard info. Home only for 2 days from working in Ohio and going to try for a meal of perch. Thanks for info, feel free to PM away. Will post on Sunday what the results were.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
I don't blame you for not mentioning any spots, you know all the weekend warriors will be out in full force with the warm weather and all the talk about ice again.Good luck:)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
SShhhhhh,.....it's a secret spot. You guys kill me ! :lol: :lol: :lol: On the Bay yet !!!.........:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
30,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, not much luck on the bay. The ice will probobly be gone tomarrow if we get much rain, if not it won't be any good. Was fishing in 2' of water on 3" of ice with 1" of good hard clear ice on the bottom. Fished from 8 a.m. until dark and only got about 20 perch. Most were small, but did see a few nice ones in hole, along with a pike about 30", a largemouth bass about 3lbs., and a keeper walleye(none of which we caught). Couldn't believe the pike actually hit my minnow and spit it out before I could try to even set the hook. I didn't think they once they grabbed that they would let go. Caught a few smaller walleye we threw back(that have been around that area for a few years now). Did see someone come off ice with about 25 nice perch with one about 13" but he was fishing near open water (which we were less than 100 yards from). Tried minnows,wax worms and wigglers. Nothing worked better than any other. Too sunny I think. Ice will be shot tomarrow, but good luck if you get out. Was south of palmer rd. and north of Linwood with about 30 others in morning and only a handful in evening. We stayed all day:sad: Atleast it wasn't a total lost, we had lots of beverages, and moose burgers on the grill:D

·
Premium Member
30,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water was crystal clear for the 2' we were in:p It probobly couldn't get any clearer. Doubt there's any ice there today:confused:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Thanks Ralph.Ya your right the fishing will be in the dumper for sure now.Maybe after the superbowl I can get out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts