Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone has been hunting either muskegon ww or todd farms and if they have been doing good
i talked to the muskegon ww today and they said they had about 4500 geese and there were only 22 geese shot this weekend
not sure what the count at fennville is anyone know

·
Registered
180 Posts
maybe I'm mistaken but I hunted the WW on sat and sun and I thought they said there were 9700 geese and around 6000 ducks at the drawing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The todd farms are slow...they say 7000 geese but I figure it to be more like 3000 and they are pretty smart already, not wanting to decoy in at all and not wanting to leave the safety of the refuge, a total of around 200 birds have been taken all year. 76 of them the first day. This past saturday only 14 geese taken, 11 ducks. Sunday was a very slow day as well not sure on the amount of birds taken but I only heard maybe 8-10 shots and I was hunting until 11:30 with no action at all. IMO not worth the drive until some new birds get there

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fish im not sure why the variance but thats just when they said when i called monday at around noon

bbb thanks for saving me the time and frustration of the todd farms.....for now anyways:lol:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
FYI, there were 30 geese harvested this weekend, not 22 as stated. Looking at hunter numbers and what its been all season, thats not too shabby at all, especially considering many groups were solely targeting ducks.

There were 8500 plus geese there Saturday night and even Sunday, not sure where the 4500 came from, but there hasn't been under 5000 in quite some time now.

Considering its 1 of 2 places in West Michigan to hunt geese right now, its always worth a shot. All things considered it doesn't really matter if there are 50 geese or 5000 geese, if you get your geese, you get your geese.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
big r like i said in my post this is what the dnr guy at the check station said when i called on monday so i hope that clears up where that came from

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
I would take a hard look at 2 and 29, and possibly 27.

But then that was based on last weekend and things change.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You're pretty right on with those assumptions Kevin for fields, all great bets.

So the question is, who is all going to try it Thursday for the Big Blizzard of 2009???!!! It will be one of those days to look back on I think and say, "remember that year we hunted the big blizzard!".:lol:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Watch out you might get stuck out on White Rd. before they plow it...like I did last year, that was fun! :rolleyes: Nothing like taking snow over the hood of your truck :lol:

Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts