Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard where they are catching any perch in West Michigan? Muskegon? White? Macatawa? Anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,449 Posts
"cornered"
If you will......
:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Took three Wednesday at Wabasis, but that is hardly worth writting about. However, I am heading there in about 30 minutes to try again. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,449 Posts
Any size to 'em?
Tell us how ya do....
:D

·
West Mi supporting member
294 Posts
We picked up a few nice ones out of 2nd st. while fishin for walleye, seems like we had 8 or 9 perch total but the good thing was that they were schooled up some not a loner here and there so maybe we will start to see some better catches soon. Also, the Jumbos all came on fairly large baits (1/4 oz. swimmin Jigs, 1/2 oz Hopkins spoons and Jiggin Raps) My Buddy took a couple 10"ers on a "Frankenlure" setup. lol, at least thats what I call it...Takes a 3" Jiggin Rap and puts a head on the front hook (pointing up), a tail on the back hook (pointing up) and a head on the center treble (pointing up). Blows my mind that he dont scare away the fish with that thing in the water and amazes me everytime he gets a fish with it.

·
Super Moderator
16,449 Posts
Amazing , what a big gob O' meat with a hoop O' barbs stickin' out of it can do a perch's choppers , huh?
:)

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Went out yesterday for a couple hours off 2nd street - went west to the point (name?) in about 35 fow. Marked tons of fish from the bottom to 20 fow - other than 3 perch, the rest wouldn't hit - tried, several presentations. Nothing on the flags at all. I glassed the pack off the launch for quite a while - didn't seem like they were doing any better. Probably try the afternoon/night bite today.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fishfoote, one of these days they may turn on. Nice mess of perch would be mighty tastey. It's the pits when you can't beg a bite.

Gibby:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Caught a fairly nice mess of perch on School Section Lake in North Eastern Oceana County but it took from 7:00 am til 6:00 pm. there was a tournament going on. I took 2nd in perch catagory with a 7.5 oz. perch, not huge by any means but most of them were about that size or a little smaller. I caugt 32 of them but it was work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got 4 at Wabasis on Saturday. Spent 2 to 3 hours finding them. The perch I found were in 38 to 42 feet of water. One was a 14 incher - the biggest I've ever caught by 1/4 inch. The others were 10.5, 10 and 8. Three were females loaded with eggs and one was a male (10.5). All were loaded with small, what appeared to be, bluegill fry. All had been eating well. Wish I could have picked a few more up.

Didn't venture out today.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Went to White Lake today. We were on the east end of the lake and fished from 10-2 with only 1 perch to show for it. Then before we took off we decided to try a spot in about 8 ft. of water with weeds. As soon as we put down (8 of us), we each started catching perch from 7-10 inches. I caught a nice 10+ incher that was really fat with eggs. A beutiful perch... I was beginning to believe they didn't exist. After we caught about 15 perch, they slowed down and the bluegill and sunfish moved in. They were hungry and in the next hour we, as a group, landed about 60-70 with about 40 keepers in the 7"-7.5" range. We had to take off at 4, but later we called the two guys that stayed out there and they said the gils only turned on even more. Finally, A JACKPOT, and a bucket full of fun to clean! Go get em'

Disclaimer: We fished for four hours and between 7 guys only 2 bites and 1 fish. Then we got "Lucky" and hit a hot spot. Not many people were doing much of anything.

Casey

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
White Lake has been slow for perch the last week. Just small fish. Yesterday we had a free fishing day contest for the kids. I had to leave early, but what got my attention was a 2.2-pound crappie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts