Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out the last day or so (thursday/friday) who can give me an ice report? The lakes were kind of a mess last weekend with all of the slush and water.

I usually hit wabasis, big pine island, etc, in that area.

any and all scouting reports would be appreciated.

I will probably go out anyway. i just want to know if i need a wet suit or not.

· Registered
149 Posts
fished lime and long lake on wednesday night, camp lake has been pretty busy as well. most guys are marking fish but the bite is pretty slow. saw a nice perch pulled out of long lake on wed. it went about 12in. slush was not a problem on lime just a little on long. perch caught on a waxworm.

· Registered
2,257 Posts
I've noticed slush on Reeds, Hess and Pickerel in the past week or so, but no shortage of good ice underneath it.

· Registered
293 Posts
Big Pine Island was a mess last weekend with a crust on top, 4 inches of water under that with some slush, made going really tough. about 8 in under slush and fishing was slow. haven't been to wabasis yet. good luck

· Registered
640 Posts
I have been out on small lakes is Oceana County several times this week . Pretty much the same about 3-4" of good clear ice and about 6" of milky ice on that then about another 6" of slush then after last nite about 6" more snow.

· Registered
123 Posts
Was on Pickerel and Englewright Thursday. Neither was slushy but both had two levels of ice under lots of snow. About 4 inches of crushed/melted snow, a gap and then six inches or so of ice below that.

Wabasis was terrible to walk on last Saturday. Very difficult getting anywhere on foot. I have wondered if snowshoes would be of any help in the snowy/crusty conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.