Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half of Gun lake is open water. The channels don't have enough ice to walk on yet. Notice - the spot off patterson where I know a few of you walk on the channel at is now posted no tresspassing!
I guess I need to find someone that lives on a channel so I can walk on to fish.
I couldn't find any lakes that could be fished yet.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ice isn't looking good around Kalamazoo and St Joe county yet. Looks like a few more weeks considering the weather forecast.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A buddy of mine called today while at the trail back to Emerson Lake. He was waiting for the county dive team, there was a parked truck, and on the ice there was fishing gear and a cell phone. There was also a hole in the ice about the size a person would make next to the gear. Be Careful!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Let's hope for the best. I know we'd all love to not have to read those stories, but unfortunately they always seem to happen. I'll second that...BE CAREFUL!!!
Sid

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bostwick lake is frozen for the most part.... exept on the NW side there is a little open water. No one has been out in the cove, but people have been checking it out just to see if the ice is safe. I was out on the ice playing hockey the other day, and the ice was great, but with warmer weather........things can still change..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Duckman#1, I didn't get a chance to PM you this weekend, that lake you asked me about is froze over but nothing but mush. The lake I live on was fishable sunday morning but by sunday afternoon when I went out to fish it was not safe anymore. I would advise holding off for another cold snap to firm up the ice before anyone ventures out to go fishing in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts