Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......i did get a limit, but not perch..:p...these dam things were in, no wonder no perch. Atleast it was last day to help save some perchies and keep a couple over 32" :). Tossed another back around 27", hated to picture that eating machine back in the water. Oh well. Had a great time. Don't walk away from your rods...
did also find a side dish to go with them :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good job Ralph was ya where i think ya was ...lol
He was fishing !
Where did you think he was, roller skating?!?!

Perch look good along with those gators.
My perch today were too small to stay on the hook!

·
Premium Member
29,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sometimes good reports lack details.:)
In the water on eastside of state. Perch rig on bottom with 3 no. 6 hooks, 2 with pink beads, other with glow bead. Emerald shiner walleye minnows for bait, mid day fron 2 pm-6pm. Sitting on a boat cushion on top a white 7 gallon pail. Rod and reel(in pic), fireline mainline with cheap brass swivel. Temp around 43 with ne wind and slight chop on water. Partly cloudy to partly sunny, sorry not sure on barometer will provide more details next time..:p:D

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Nice perch killers Ralph! A lot more of those in the the rivers and bay than what people realize. We got into them one year on March 15th up by the convergence and couldn't keep them off.

·
Registered
617 Posts
In the water on eastside of state. Perch rig on bottom with 3 no. 6 hooks, 2 with pink beads, other with glow bead. Emerald shiner walleye minnows for bait, mid day fron 2 pm-6pm. Sitting on a boat cushion on top a white 7 gallon pail. Rod and reel(in pic), fireline mainline with cheap brass swivel. Temp around 43 with ne wind and slight chop on water. Partly cloudy to partly sunny, sorry not sure on barometer will provide more details next time..:p:D
Great report Ralph....just one more thing I need to know. Is the ice gone on the bay at the mouth of this "secret spot" ?

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Now that's Funny right there!!!

·
Premium Member
29,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Someone said no, but it doesn't seem to matter. Give me a call Dan, I'll fill you in ;)

Inside joke due to another thread I posted on the cold water forum..all good fun :D
Funny how ya worded it! Had a a little different outcome in the morning on eastside for me yesterday morning. Started out catching perch and then the current switch and junk floating made it pretty much unfishable. Ended up with 15 nice perch, No pike where we were. Any day! Good luck see ya out there. Will be in the area tomorrow!

Reactions: Ralph Smith

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Funny how ya worded it! Had a a little different outcome in the morning on eastside for me yesterday morning. Started out catching perch and then the current switch and junk floating made it pretty much unfishable. Ended up with 15 nice perch, No pike where we were. Any day! Good luck see ya out there. Will be in the area tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
29,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be the fat guy on the bucket before daylight if work cooperates :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts