Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did pretty good today at the first lake we went too. I left with 10 keepers and my buddy had 6 all of them between 7-9in. We had 4 in of ice. they were finiky sons of guns tho. they follow it up but they didnt want to go too far and didnt want ya to stop jiggin it. no pics tho sorry. im getttin a camera for christmas for all my deer and fish pics.

·
Registered
397 Posts
nice job. were you in the upper part of the state or lower. jw. im down in like monroe area and i didnt know if the ice was safe already

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
moosetracks91.....check the lagoons at sterling state park. you don't have to go too far off of shore and they hold decent gills and some crappie(if you can find them). you only have to be about 10 to 15 feet off shore to get into 7 to 9 FOW.

the first parking area on the right, after you pass the guard shack, is where we usually fish. i haven't had time to go out and check the ice, so i'm not sure if it is ready just yet.

if you are able to fish, we have had decent success using spikes and waxworms on horizontal fiskas jigs. yellow, green and orange have been our best colors.

good luck......:fish:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
moosetracks91.....check the lagoons at sterling state park. you don't have to go too far off of shore and they hold decent gills and some crappie(if you can find them). you only have to be about 10 to 15 feet off shore to get into 7 to 9 FOW.

the first parking area on the right, after you pass the guard shack, is where we usually fish. i haven't had time to go out and check the ice, so i'm not sure if it is ready just yet.

if you are able to fish, we have had decent success using spikes and waxworms on horizontal fiskas jigs. yellow, green and orange have been our best colors.

good luck......:fish:
Checked today, shore still a little iffy maybee these next couple nights should be good out there.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Thats cool ya gonna go check back in a couple days should be good. Hit some small private ponds today only had an hour hopefully find something in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts