Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
By the way, where were you, you old squander? I looked for you at the campfire on Friday and Saturday night. Nobody there but a bunch of people with good backs getting around without the assistance of a walker.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, where were you, you old squander. I looked for you at the campfire on friday and saturday night. Nobody there but a bunch of people under the age of 80.

Home in my bed.when you get some years on you, you will know how nice a sound that is. After the great nites sleep I had on thursday, we where forunate enough to have the kids seranade us till 1 or 2 in the morning.I said to myself, self this place is to quite, better get before you get used to it. and I sold all my plunder, It was just time to go. wasnt the MTPCA lection held last nite?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Not for his position, not yet.

I think we still have a little time left to groom somebody else right for the job. It is an important job and the next person has very large shoes to fill.

It's my intentions to make sure we find a drinker who has a weakness for apple pie. Lol

Besides, my lips are still chapped from kissing his rear end. I'm gonna need a little time before working on another one.

Regardless of who takes the job, the bumper on my vehicle will still say," John Carretti is my President."

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not for his position, not yet.

I think we still have a little time left to groom somebody else right for the job. It's my intentions to make sure we find a drinker who has a weakness for apple pie.

Besides, my lips are still chapped from kissing his rear end. I'm gonna need a little time before working on another one.

Regardless of who takes the job, the bumper on my vehicle will still say," John Carretti is my President."

That john mite rethink his position. I sure would not fault him for not wanting the job any more. Like lincoln said, you can never please some of them s.o.b.s. or words to that effect. good job on the cook out.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
That john mite rethink his position. I sure would not fault him for not wanting the job any more. Like lincoln said, you can never please some of them s.o.b.s. or words to that effect. good job on the cook out.
It's not really a question of wanting or not wanting the position, Gil. It is a bit of time and work, but I expected that. It's more about getting new blood into the position regularly. It would be too easy for someone to make it "their" Association (even unintentionally) rather than one actively serving the members. Mike Seelman did two terms (4 years) and an excellent job. Gary Schinske did two terms (and a great job) as well. Next August will be the end of my second term. I intend to stay active and have a role in mind that I think could help if the Board agrees to let me try. I'll also likely run for president again in the future if the members want me to. I just think its best if someone else holds the reins for a few terms.

I have a guy I'm hoping will agree to run (he's said he's thinking about it). If he does it'll look like I was a slacker.

Here are the results of this year's elections:

Vice President- Mike Schippa was reelected unanimously.
Membership Secretary- Diana Elliott was reelected unanimously.
Corresponding Secretary- Emily Caretti was nominated, ran unopposed, and was elected unanimously.

Thanks to the three of them for stepping up for the benefit of Michigan's Trappers and Predator Callers!

John

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think anyone will call you a slacker. We dont agree on a few things. But I always knew you would be there, NRC meetings fur work shop what ever.never any doubtyou would be there.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Hopefully this means he will be more available in 2013 for Fisher/Martin exploits. :evilsmile:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Gil, when do I get a chance to play indentured servant on the Turner trap line? You can abuse me all you need to and I will keep coming back for more, promise. There aren't many chances left for wupper snappers like me to get the learnin necessary to pass on something to the youngens. Are you up for that? Just think of all the useless, heavy junk you could force me to carry for you while on the trap line. The dog in the Grinch That Stole Christmas would have nothing on me with the abuse you could develop. Chance of a lifetime here, Gil.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Becarful what you ask for, you just mite get it.Doubt there is much I can show anyone, but your welcome any time. My problem is finding a place to trap!!!went looking yesterday, zip zero nada water on my line.Im gona have to move. question is WHERE.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Becarful what you ask for, you just mite get it.Doubt there is much I can show anyone, but your welcome any time. My problem is finding a place to trap!!!went looking yesterday, zip zero nada water on my line.Im gona have to move. question is WHERE.
The Rains will come

I hope

1 - 13 of 13 Posts