Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its trying to blow in the windows! I think Ill get some candles/flashlights ready and some firewood inside before the lights go out.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I just set out the blaze orange coats I just got on the back porch to air out in this wind. The wind is warm still like 50 here but blowing at least 40 mph.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I love snow!!! Makes me happy :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My son just called. It blew his barn down!!!.....Patch

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
The storm has hit and has another 12 hours yet, at least, to go. winds have gusted over 70mph in many places already in lower mich.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Yep, its roaring pretty good over here. Had to dodge some tree branches laying in the road on my way home tonight.

Bring on the SNOW!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
They gave us "BLIZZARD WARNINGS" from 8pm tonight till noon tomorrow. :eek:

At 8:15 pm it started to really blow and rain and it lasted for about 30 minutes. However right now it is just light rain and the wind has subsided to just about nill. So much for the warning :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
We got hit with pea sized hail for about 5 min. The wind picked up my pigeon coupe laid it down 15 ft away and didn't move an empty barrel I use for whoa training that was right next to the coupe go figure. I guess I'm lucky all the people on the for sale forms here selling pigeons didn't answer thier P.M. or e-mails the coupe was empty.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Some of Westland is without power. I made a run to the store around midnight, Newburgh and Cherry Hill is a replay of The Blackout. There was a cop setting out flares and picking up temporary stop signs that had blown down.

The lights flickered once at work and I ran out to the truck to get my headlamp, but it never happened.

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
Sorry to hear that neal, pines suck to clean up. I only lost two pine limbs this time around. Bad thing is that blew across the yard while in the air and took out my rose treliss (sp) Oh well, one less thing to paint in the spring time.

Anybody get any worthwhile snow?? Looked pretty bad on the radar about 1am over on the west coast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts