Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not headed out this evening, the combo of 20 mph winds and steady rain is going to keep me home.

I'm equipped for the elements, and I regularly hunt the rain, but I've never done well with the rain and wind combo. (If it was early Nov, I'd be holding on to that tree even if it were moving like a mechanical bull)

Anyone else "wimping out" this evening?

Gonna rest tonight and hit it hard the next 2 days. Weather looks perfect. Cold, light NW and W winds.....Its going to feel like November! (Now if only the deer would behave that way...)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Im with ya..Ive passed on hunting the first two days. 92 days of bowhunting no need to go get wet now :lol:. Tommorow morning will be a perfect morning to start my season. We may have a hard frost Saturday morning:D. Im with ya on the November thing. I hunt the first 12 days regardless of the weather..

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The season is just starting. No reason to risk catching a cold or something. The good hunting is yet to come. :evil:

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
the bucks all stepped out of the marsh last night as soon as the rain stopped...I'm working now, so I'm safe. Hoping it helps Casscity who is sitting in one of our ground blinds in this crap!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I thought it was suppose to rain here but now the sun keeps poking out a bit but it's a good night to rest my sore body and get ready to hit it in the AM.:D

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the bucks all stepped out of the marsh last night as soon as the rain stopped...I'm working now, so I'm safe. Hoping it helps Casscity who is sitting in one of our ground blinds in this crap!

Rain didn't stop here. Its a friggin monsoon still, lol. At least i'll be able to slip into my stand quietly in the morning:D

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
tell me something i didnt know :lol:

all i got to say is i went out!!!! and i could have shot a deer.... if i had a machine gun.....

i went and walked a corn field... with the wind and rain it was a perfect night for that... you arent going to kill anything sitting on your butt you just have to change tactics..... dang wussies...

wasnt a good night but i found an AWESOME place to sit for the next night :)

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tell me something i didnt know :lol:

all i got to say is i went out!!!! and i could have shot a deer.... if i had a machine gun.....

i went and walked a corn field... with the wind and rain it was a perfect night for that... you arent going to kill anything sitting on your butt you just have to change tactics..... dang wussies...

wasnt a good night but i found an AWESOME place to sit for the next night :)

Maybe if you prepared properly in the preseason, you wouldn't have to stomp your stinky self all around the woods during season, looking for places to hunt....:lol: J/K brother.

Good luck tomorrow. I'm gonna try one of my prime stands in the morn. Probably be the only time I hunt it before the Pre Rut. Could be a good morning...

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I had to work late so hunting wasn't going to happen for me today anyways. But even if I hadn't been working I'd have sat this one out. I'm fine with the rain but I have not had much luck seeing deer activity in high winds like we had out here today. Got my daughters 3 year old birthday party tomorrow night then I'll be back in the woods Saturday AM.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I went.
It wasn't really "raining" where I was (Ann arbor area)

I like the wind most times;)
Whacked a fat doe:D

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts

haha got out of the ground blind cause it "stopped" raining...then once two little fawns came out and I was stuck in the TREE with the RAIN and WIND blowing..Thought the tree was going to break at one point:yikes::yikes:

Oh well ended up whimping out and getting out a little early cause i was getting soaked:tdo12:

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I hunted but left at 6:00 not because of geting wet but because if I shot anything the tracking job would have been awfull. No bloodtrail + darkness + warm weather = possible failure.

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
I had to butcher a doe yesterday afternoon so I didn't have time to get out and hunt but I did take a drive through a couple of my hunting areas and the deer were out in big numbers. Every single bean feild I went past had several deer feeding in it however I never saw a horn anywhere?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I didn't hunt last night but moved some stands around, wasn't raining until it got dark, so I was done and having some cold ones :D. Congrats on the doe Kelly. ;)

·
Registered
26,622 Posts
A friend fell last night moving some stands. Broke his pelvis and leg, had to be air lifted, I saw the helicopter fly over.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sorry to about your friend FREEPOP, hate to hear things like that.:sad: Hope he mends quick.

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A friend fell last night moving some stands. Broke his pelvis and leg, had to be air lifted, I saw the helicopter fly over.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers fully by next season.

Whereabouts did this occur?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts