Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the waters are high, me and my dad decided what the h***, let's try it anyways!! Dumb move on our part? Probally. But, it's always worth it, when you can get away from everything and relax. So we hit a few NW rivers and were only able to fish one of them the entire weekend. Stopped in at BBT, and was told by (i beleive) Bob and Herb, that the PM was unsafe, and to not even waste our time their. We took their advice, and moved on. So here are a couple of pics from the weekend. I can't say that the old man was skunked, because he caught some nice browns.

The one that I am holding was weighed, measured and a scale sample was taken by the dnr. 28 1/2" 9# Oh, yeah, the first two pics are the same fish BELEIVE IT OR NOT hehe

Rivers were high, and fishing was tuff. Not bad steeleading weather though, loved it :) If you plan on fishing any NW river with the high water, please be careful. They are high, and moving really good.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, man. Both of the fish were caught on spawn bag's. Seen some fish taken, some big ones, and then some decent size fish. Quite a few people out as well. Of course it was the weekend, so we knew their would be anyways.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Beautiful steel !!!!! I can't wait:D :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did not realize it was you when you came into the shop with your Dad. Hopefully I will remember your face, now.... Names seem to slip away but faces stay for some reason....

Those are nice fish. Should be fun pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You scratched that itch it looks like.

Only thing is it will just make it itch twice as much.:)

Nice fish it is only going to get better from here on out. If I ever get a free weekend soon we may have to do a little float.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Dale,
Thanks for the photos and report. You still look like a "young pup" to me..........LOL!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve-
Yeah I did scratch that itch, and you are right. Staying a weekend in the parents cabin, and only having to drive 30min to the river was awesome. Now, after being home a couple days and looking at those pics, I WANT TO GO AGAIN, RIGHT NOW--- LOL.

Whit-
I am a "young pup". Slowly climbing the ladder though :eek: :D

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Dale,
Sorry I couldn't make it to fish with you. We will have to get out though. Those are some real nice looking fish. Did you get them from where we were going to try? NY was nice, but I would have rather of been fishing:p

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan-
Sent ya a PM. Thanks. Yeah, let me know in advance and we can work something out and go try for some Steelies. Watch the rivers. Once they start receding (sp) the fishing shoud be nothing but spectacular ;)

Glad to hear that you had a good time. You didn't take a pole and try for some NY Steel????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts