Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to finally set aside some time to head out and chase some steelhead. I fished a small NW trib on Friday after taking some advice from Steelheadfred and Shotgunner. The water temp at 2:00 was 35 degrees and the water was extremely clear despite all the snow we received. Tough conditions but not another soul on the river. I only fished for about an hour and a half and managed to go 0 for 23. That's right 0 fish for 23 flies.....I couldn't manage a drift without hooking up on all the debree in the water. Depressing to say the least. Water warmed up to toasty 37 degrees by the time I left at 4:00. The stream was beautiful though and it reminded me why I moved to northern MI in the first place.

Saturday I headed to the White and had a bit more success....I hope the pic comes through

I fished from 1:00 to 3:00 and went 1 for 2 with my buddy Marc. He hooked up briefly but highed out and forgot how to set the hook on a big fish. Both fish took nuke eggs under bobbers, Oh sorry "indicators". Cheese core with peach veils, size 12's. Water was 36 degrees and had a bit of stain. We only fished two holes so I would think if we had more time it could have been a banner day. I guess the weather we have had brought up some fish.

Next weekend the LM. I almost forgot how much fun fishing new water is. Good luck to all....
Steve

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
No problem, If you want to post more pics in the future just make sure to click on your picture in your gallery first before you copy the link to attach.
By clicking on the gallery thumbnail pic you will get the larger pic, then copy that link instead of just copying the thumbnail size link.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Great pic and report! Thanks!

I have to chuckle whenever a photo such as yours is posted. Members will look at it and say, "Ah Ha! I know where you were fishing!"

Last winter I posted a photo of me holding a similar steelie from a NW river and I got 1/2 PMs from guys telling me they knew where I was. The closest was about three miles and two of them didn't even have the correct river, but they KNEW where I was fishing.....:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts