Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful weekend on the river...

We fished the Grand River on Saturday and Sunday. Mechanical Head and Steinfishski: I'm pretty sure we saw you guys battling one of those fish. I think your daughter was fighting it when we went by.

We went 3 for 4 on Saturday, with fish going 3#, 4#, and 7#.

Sunday, we went 2 for 5, losing a couple nice fish, but managing to land about one 3# and a nice 32" male. Batteries were dead in the scale, and I'm waiting for pictures to be developed.

About half the fish we landed or saw had some good color, the other half were still chrome.

Couldn't ask for a better weekend on the water.

Crawfish

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Crawfish, what boat were you running ? I'm not sure we saw anybody, but I really wasn't paying much attention. There were several around Johnson when we pulled out about 2.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably didn't see us because of the camo. :D

15' semi-V camo starcraft. 3 of us in the boat on Saturday.

I sent you a PM.

Crawfish

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still somewhat new to the area, definatly to the Grand and Steelies, but how big a boat can ya run on the Grand? How much draft can a guy get by with? I just ordered a 16' deep V with a 90 and wondering if I dare run the River?

Thx

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I wouldn't suggest learning that river with that rig, but Sure it can be done. With the water up you won't run into mush trouble, but there are pile-ons and dead heads that you always need to be aware off.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it's been awhile, but this forum has been slow with the high water the last couple weeks, and I finally have some pictures from the weekend of this fish report. The second picture is blurred a little to erase any landmarks so as not to offend anyone. ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just moved to the wyoming area and have become very interested in learning to do some steelhead fishing on the Grand. What do i need to get started?

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Nice pics Brian. Pretty buck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts