Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going to stay up north all week but this hot weather made it just misriable. I went up on Saturday and had a couple of good hunts until it got to hot. For me by 11.00 am it was to warm.
Most of our hunting was early and late in the evining. Moved plenty of Woodcock and Grouse averaging about 3-4 per hour flushes on Grouse and slightly more on the Woodcock but we only for around an our at a time.

This year I have started a Diary so I can record flush rates fish caught etc.

View of the camp

Ambers first Woodcock. She made some really nice points but she busted a few as well. I was really happy with the way she was ranging.....just on the edge of my sight. The cover was really thick so I guess she was out about 30 yds or so

We managed to pick up a couple of Grouse as well.

and scout some new covers for October

I going to head back to work and save the last two days for another trip in November or December.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Good work.
This heat sucks, i'm playing golf later today, I know, I know I can't believe it myself. :dizzy:

Temps fall off starting Sunday so plan accordingly.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Heat? I never thought it was that hot--but then again, I've got pointers!:lol:.

Just giving you guys a hard time. I hunted a couple of times in the same area that I believe that you guys were in during the early fall heat last year and it was miserable: spent a good hunk of time sitting on the front porch of my cabin in shorts and no shirt with scotch/cold beer in hand.
I'll probably head north for a little dog training this weekend but I think that I'll bring the Alpha instead of the Citori (it won't make much difference in my kill count anyway:mad:).
--Alpha Citori: isn't that some kind of celestial object:confused:?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nice pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts