Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Caseville around 8am, headed north to Oak Point. Water was a little bumpy early but flattened out eventually. Stayed in 35 FOW trolling crawler harnesses and got 5 nice ones. Largest was 24". Should be a great holiday weekend of fishing. Watched the temp rise over 6 hours from 66.2 to 68+. I think the real productive fishing will start right away.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Nice work on the Oak Point Eyes.

Reactions: rtminc

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thanks. I have been here all week but have only spent 2 or 3 hours on the water. Seems like 1 fish an hour is what I am hearing. I stayed in 24 fow but had people inside and outside of me. Water is cool. Haven't seen 70 anywhere out here. Thanks for the report. I will be giving it my first reel attempt Friday morning. Wife gave me a hall pass. Will be out solo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. My first post on the site.

I am heading up to caseville this weekend, bring my boat for the first time. I am looking to troll eighter harnesses or spoons any locations on where to start looking for them would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
640 Posts
rbjelica
Welcome to the site. I would recommend you run out off Oak Point and set up 1/4 mile upwind of where you see other boats. Make a slow pass through the area fishing near the bottom with 2 or 3 oz bottom bouncers. I would use crawler harnesses with a different color on each rod and let the fish tell you whatshername. I would slow troll at 1.2 to 1.5 and adjust your speed if needed. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, that time again, heading back up to Caseville. Going up on July 8th, if all goes well and I can free myself from pulling the kids on tubes, I hope to do some fishing...lol.

I pulled harnesses last year, found some fish, but could not get them going. I guess the mayfly hatch had occurred that week?? Any thoughts on pulling spoons in that area?

Anyone else planning to be in that area around that time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts