Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coolgleam :fish: Started fishing a little before 7 near metro, a few boats and a lot of weeds. No fish. Headed to 28 and trolled south. Finally picked up 3 eyes and a few nice perch. Worms 2 - gulp 1. Brass, pearl and fire tiger. Did hear one guy who had 4 All 3 fish were south of 25 on the east side of the ditch.

Tom :coolgleam

· Super Moderator
23,941 Posts
TOMKAT said:
: Headed to 28 and trolled south. Finally picked up 3 eyes and a few nice perch. Worms 2 - gulp 1. Brass, pearl and fire tiger. Did hear one guy who had 4 All 3 fish were south of 25 on the east side of the ditch.

Tom :coolgleam
We went toward Gull in search of smallies and almost ran over to the Shipping Channel. The wind was pretty stiff and we decided to tuck into the Middle Channel. Got 2 nice eyes at the top within the first pass. Struck out after that fishing the "usual" spots on the way down. Called it quits at 5PM. Tough bite for us as well.

· Registered
553 Posts
YEP!!!

Had the same problem last night, no WALLEYE!!

Did however catch about a 25-30 lb Muskie on a crawler harness.

Where is 25??

I usually hit the shipping channel, but the water was a bit rough.

· Registered
244 Posts
We went out late...about 10:00am and worked off of channel marker 22
and fought thru the perch and tons of silver bass where we picked up 2 eyes
by noon. From 12:00 to 4:00 we caught tons of silve and a dozen keeper perch until my daughter finally nailed two more eyes...we were fightin a Easterly wind that got stronger as the day progressed - the only consistent
pattern i found was any harness with a touch of orange did better, we also
caught all eyes out 90 feet in back of the boat...tough day but I've seen worse....lot of fish stacked on the graph all up and down the channel from the St Clair Lt to 22...this weekend should be good after the Thursday blow and rain of Friday settle down...Sunday or Monday looks like the next bet...
we used bouncers and went thru almost 4 doz worms...

· Registered
4,500 Posts
yeah wednesday yielded only undersize musky, numerous smallies and a couple of rockies..did seem wind n waves were a little stiffer than predicted

· Registered
983 Posts
About the same for us, Metro, 400 etc...2 walleye, some smallish perch, rock bass, sheepshead. tough bite all day.

· Registered
253 Posts
Tomkat,
Nice talking to you out there yesterday. Hope you hade some luck with the Grandchildren. We could only manage 3 walleye, 5 rockbass, 2 perch and about 10 white bass. Got one at Metro and the other 2 between 26 and 28 right on the edge of the ditch. Tried gulp but only came on real.
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.