Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my biggest ever but what a surprise hunt it was. I saw a big tom on the railroad tracks monday so i waited till today to go afterhim. I get in there and he gobbles three times to the south on private land. So i go down to were he was strutting monday and sit on the north side of the tracks on state land (Port huron state game area St Clair county). had to be at the doctors by 8 so this had to be a get in get out and hope for the best. Could only hunt till 7:30am so i was sitting there not seeing nothin but buggs when at 6:55 he gobbles to the south of me again. Well pull out the box call and let him have somme hard cutts and about 10-12 yelps and putt everything awayand wait. Well look to my right and then back at the tracks again and through the brush beside the tracks out steps three jakes. I am so busted cause i left my gun leanin against a tree two feet to the right of me and well what do you got to loose . Slowly reach for the gun there still looking get the safety clicked and crosshairs on lead bird at 35 yards and pull trigger. bird jumps straight up catches flite goes across train tracks hitts tree branchs and falls to the base of tree well i run over to the side of the tracks and see him slowly sneakin away so wait for him to get to an opening and let him have another round for good measure winchesters loads work again 15 lbs 4 inch beard might be small but i love every hunt i have big or small by the way shoot bird at 7:00am train comes by at 7:10 am thumb area state land alot of birds having a ball huntin them this one was number 11 and can't wait for the fall hunt good luck to every one else

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great story! But did you ever consider using some punctuation once in awhile - that was one long sentence. Just funnin' with ya. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Congrats Turkeybob!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts