Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone put up a link that shows some of the weather buoys, but it doesn't show the one at South Haven ?. Is there a link so you can get info from it too ????. and on the News, they talk about a Mid lake buoy ?, i haven't been able to find it either ?.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

One of the old guys at D & R Sports Center in Kalamazoo told me there is one out in front of the Nuc plant in South Haven ? in 50 fow ?, but i haven't been able to find any info on it ?.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
No buoy in front of the plant in South Haven... that is unless it was just RECENTLY put out there. But there is a buoy out from the Cook nuke plant south of St. Joe.

Here is the Cook plant buoy.. it is in 68 FOW: Cook Nuke Plant Buoy

There is also the weather station on the lighthouse in South Haven: South Haven Lighthouse Weather Station

·
Registered
617 Posts
No buoy in front of the plant in South Haven... that is unless it was just RECENTLY put out there. But there is a buoy out from the Cook nuke plant south of St. Joe.

Here is the Cook plant buoy.. it is in 68 FOW: Cook Nuke Plant Buoy

There is also the weather station on the lighthouse in South Haven: South Haven Lighthouse Weather Station
Cooks cooling system is different than palisades in south haven. I doubt south haven will get a bouy unless they want to see how much better of a job palisades cooling towers do compared to cook. I'm unsure of who's doing what study or what for. BUT! i'd take a guess that if the results are bad nobody will point out that some power plants cooling systems are designed a whole lot differently than others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts