Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Yes we do. When shopping for a house having a school that had a participation in things like this and an active bass fishing club were important to us. If my kids decide its not for them, fine but I want them to go to a school where they are encouraged to do these activities

·
Registered
353 Posts
My son shot trap for the high school team for 4 years. Anyone associated with a Sportsman club that allows these kids to shoot should be proud of what they do and how much they help these kids. There were 5-6 clubs that the team shot at throughout the season and each one of the clubs welcomed the kids and parents and were gracious with their time and facilities. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Couple of us from our club had some shooting sessions for 4 or 5 young men several yrs ago. We had a fight w/ the other team sports, football and basketball.. To each his own.

The 4 that did shoot regularly for Jan thru April were great to work w/ and we all enjoyed it. Where are they today??? have not seen any of them around, probably married by now.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
We had a "Gun Club" when I was I high school (north Detroit suburb early '70's) and we'd do gun safety, go to the range once a month. Padoka told us if we don't have a case then wrap a blanket and not just walk down the street carrying a shot gun. He locked them in his closet.

Yes, we need more leagues and clubs for the kids. And more mentors!!!

Reactions: junkman

·
Banned
5,220 Posts
We had a trap shooting league in high school in the 1970's. We would reload Winchester AA's and shoot our father's Remington 1100. And compete against other high school teams. I can remember one night with snowing and hitting 23 out of 25 clays in trap in a beautiful snowfall with no wind like it was a picture in my mind. Even today I can picture the scene. It was beautiful.

1 - 10 of 9 Posts