Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was Wondering Why We Dont Have A Discussion Forum For The Competative Shooters In Michigan. There Are Alot Of Us And Many That Would Like To Start Or Try It. Just An Idea.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just started last week. I shot at the Flint Bowmans for a 12 week league.
I do have to say I never thought that shooting paper would be so nerve racking!!!
I shot my first at 345 out of 450. I didnt think that was all that bad for a greenie
Hey djkillaz. how do ya like that Browning? Im torn between the Illusion and a Hoyt trycon?

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I havent got an email back yet on th Maso Schedule.
if ya shot them both as I have the trykon would still be on the shelf at the pro-shop.
alot smoother is the Illusion.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Its a good idea, but I dont see it warranting its own forum. I think it is great right where it is. I enjoy reading about ALL types of archery right in the Archery Forum.

But that is just my 02

·
Super Moderator
11,767 Posts
Howdy-

While a new forum to address your interests might be great for you, Steve must concern himself with the best interests of the membership as a whole. Let's see, 5 people out of 17,000? You do the math....

I'm not slamming you or your sport, but can you imagine how unwieldly this site might become if a new forum were started every time a hundred or so people asked for one?

Now it may well be that there's a great deal more interest in it than has been expressed so far, but for now it looks a bit doubtful.

Steve makes the decision, but I know how it looks to me.....

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I have to agree with PrtyMolusk on this one. Though I'm fairly hardcore into competitive archery, it was a blessing enough to get the archery tech forum. It has proved to be a worthy forum where we discuss pretty much anything related to archery. Everything related to archery results in roughly 7-10 new threads a week. If this section was being swamped with different aspects of archery I could see possibly adding subforum to clean it up. But at the moment there's no cobbled up threads and the current archery tech forum is easy to navigate.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As for 7 people out of 15,000 you obviously you dont compete or now that there are thousands of competative shooters in michigan. I just think that it would be a good idea for us to talk and bring new shooters up to speed. more and more join everyday. This maybe just the wrong site for one.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
dj, what he was saying is that ONLY 7 have even said anything about it, but if there were 15,000 posts and EVERYONE wanted it so badly then I am sure Steve would make one. I do compete, I just dont put it out for eveyone to know.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Along with a bowhunting forum . The trad guys can talk about bowhunting ,but when a bowhunting thread is posted on this forum it is moved to the whitetail hunting forum .

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
The archery tech forum is a relatively new one.

It's NOT a bowhunting forum...it's an ARCHERY TECH forum.

Bowhunting is generally Whitetail in Michigan and that falls under the Whitetail forum...

Posts sepcific to bowhunting without any technical merit are relocated to the proper forum (when we catch it).;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts