Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nbc26.com/Global/story.asp?S=9395689

I guess Wisconsin has learned that it is not worth testing for Chronic Wasting Disease were in ain't, because it is too expensive......It is a good thing that we live in a "cash rich" state like Michigan, that way we can spend increasing amounts of taxpayer dollars to test for Chronic Wasting Disease throughout the state, because it was found in a pen in Kent County.:lol:

·
Registered
15,867 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an interesting link too...
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3126143

Someone joins and jumps right in complaining about the bait ban in post #1, but never talks about hunting. ;):lol:
It has been a great start to the deer hunting season on Beaver Island. So far one 9-pointer has been taken,several hunters, including me took nice 8 pointers. Our Beaver Island Wildlife Club had our most successful hunters dinner ever on November 16th, and we are working with hunters all over the island to establish antler restrictions and have been successful so far as only a few small spikehorns have been taken. We have worked with airlines and ferry services to the island to make sure that hunters know that they can obtain doe permits on the island so that our young bucks can be spared. We are very concerned about the feeding restrictions in the winter on the island because our habitat is limited and we have practiced supplemental feeding under the advise of dnr biologists in years past to help save our winter cedar yarding areas. We also have a Wild Turkey supplemental feeding program and are concerned because some of the flock sizes are too large for the birds to be adequately fed using "deer proof turkey feeders." I can go on and on about hunting if you want but this is just a brief synopsis of the last week.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Beavervet,

Glad to hear your banging the drum last weekend and this weekend on Bob Bauer's Outdoor World. I have no idea what exactly your speaking about, but I'm sure it pertains to our current problems with CWD and the ban. I haven't listened to his show, but I will try and find the chanel and time to tune in. I understand Linda Gallager is also going to be on speaking about how the ban is affecting feeding the Turkeys.

I know a lot of folks have spoke out against maintaining the flock farther North than their original range. Let em starve, go back to nature, blah blah. I just took my sons first gobbler out from this spring to thaw for thanksgiving tommorow. I was reminded of the first gobbles, the mistakes, and all the good times I saw on his face and in his eyes.

Really don't know what they could be thinking. Thanks for the effort. Grats on your buck.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts