Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I was about to post about the same thing. I will be returning home for leave from Afghanistan around Christmas time. I will be spending time in St.Ignace and the thumb and have no equipment but really want to get out fishing and hunting.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
Have thought about it before also. The problem with winter and ice is transporting out and back. A lot easier on boats. If a large group was to leave together from a major spot with ample parking like Linwood or B.C. state park, I think it would be very do-able. The biggest factor is ice conditions. Mabye just in case, a large beer tent would need to be set up as a back up:lol: Would be great to try and get someone to donate a hall for a gathering afterwards:).

·
collector
4,441 Posts
Have thought about it before also. The problem with winter and ice is transporting out and back. A lot easier on boats. If a large group was to leave together from a major spot with ample parking like Linwood or B.C. state park, I think it would be very do-able. The biggest factor is ice conditions. Mabye just in case, a large beer tent would need to be set up as a back up:lol: Would be great to try and get someone to donate a hall for a gathering afterwards:).
the sag river would be the best option..... for any outing for this... its very walkable and do-able... the plus factor would be catching fish... either an abundance of juvenile fish and or some woppers.....

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
good to see vet's and hero's trying to relax and get out. if you need any help p.m. me i fish a lot of local lakes in the south west corner of Oakland county. that have a lot of crappie ,gills ,pike and bass.and a few walleyes to boot on a few local lakes. if good things don't come i am always game to help out...

try to let me know in advanced best you can what your looking for and what are the experience levels. is in question like would gills /crappie suffice wile watching a tip up or two for pike and bass? also are shanties needed i got two three man s3000 type shanties a 2 man s2000 size and a one man frabill all at my use. tip ups i think i got 6 or 8 can't remember. plus rods for Pan fish bass and pike too. along with ton of tackle to go with..

if it walleye we don't get much but we do see them from time to time if it walleyes your after you wan want sag bay or etc.. for better odds.. i see your from up by flint according to the titles on your sig. i am south of that. don't know what easier too .

but any ways best of luck....

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
good to see vet's and hero's trying to relax and get out. if you need any help p.m. me i fish a lot of local lakes in the south west corner of Oakland county. that have a lot of crappie ,gills ,pike and bass.and a few walleyes to boot on a few local lakes. if good things don't come i am always game to help out...

try to let me know in advanced best you can what your looking for and what are the experience levels. is in question like would gills /crappie suffice wile watching a tip up or two for pike and bass? also are shanties needed i got two three man s3000 type shanties a 2 man s2000 size and a one man frabill all at my use. tip ups i think i got 6 or 8 can't remember. plus rods for Pan fish bass and pike too. along with ton of tackle to go with..

if it walleye we don't get much but we do see them from time to time if it walleyes your after you wan want sag bay or etc.. for better odds.. i see your from up by flint according to the titles on your sig. i am south of that. don't know what easier too .

but any ways best of luck....
I'm a vet, and I love panfish:D Could bring another from up in this area also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would be willing to take a vet out and I am sure I could get several friends to also each take out a vet. Walleyes are our specialties. We can go out of State Park or the Q-C boat launch. Please keep me on your list and contact me this winter when the water gets hard enough to drive on. I have a Otter lodge shanty, a 2 up Ski Doo snowmobile and all the necessary stuff to have a fun outing. I cannot guarantee catching fish but it is always fun to get out

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, maybe first ice perch on the bay? Hopefully if this happens it's on one of my 2 weekends off a month, haha. I would be happy to help out if I can. I am really looking forward to being able to participate in the Walleye for Warriors for the first time in 2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts