Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Would you rather have a loved one die from Covid or have the freedom to fish from your boat today

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately we have greater priorities at the moment! Sorry! Today Michigan is the third deadliest state to live in concerning Covid19...third deadliest! Ask the survivors of the dead if they would have preferred stricter distancing early on. Let us all in on their comment please. Take the poll so we know where you stand. Thanks
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

·
Registered
720 Posts
False dichotomy.

Yes I will follow the new law, just like I was fishing solo before the motorboat ban...

Spoken as someone who has had a friend die of this, and a health care professional...

This whole ordeal is a mess and a very very interesting look at government/society interaction. Lots of hope in the numbers coming out recently, but still a ways to go and a whole lot of unknowns. Let’s kick this thing and get society back open so we call all do the things we love....

·
Registered
401 Posts
The population of the top 10 counties in Michigan accounts for 6.33M people. Let's assume most of these Covid deaths affected MI's most populated counties. 1,487 ÷ 6.33M = 0.00023. That's a 0.023% death rate.
Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Number

And from the CDCs data... most recent is 2017, these were the leading causes of death in Michigan. Covid pales in comparison to heart disease and cancer.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
969 Posts
People are acting like this is the end of the world. I thought I was visiting a meth lab with all the people wearing a mask at my local grocery store and our county only has 37 cases out of 100,000. Heck my buddy snapped a picture of a guy at meijer who was wearing a rain poncho jacket and pants, rubber boots, and a frickin gas mask. Come on people!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately we have greater priorities at the moment! Sorry! Today Michigan is the third deadliest state to live in concerning Covid19...third deadliest! Ask the survivors of the dead if they would have preferred stricter distancing early on. Let us all in on their comment please. Take the poll so we know where you stand. Thanks
View attachment 516171
Ok
Blue Product Output device Gadget Television program
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Document

Sent from my SM-G930V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
401 Posts
People are acting like this is the end of the world. I thought I was visiting a meth lab with all the people wearing a mask at my local grocery store and our county only has 37 cases out of 100,000. Heck my buddy snapped a picture of a guy at meijer who was wearing a rain poncho jacket and pants, rubber boots, and a frickin gas mask. Come on people!
Welcome to the Nanny state of victimhood! I thought these people were supposedly "WOKE" (hate that term by the way). Well wake the hell up and see that your government is systematically taking away your freedoms away sheeple!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why do you think it is a loaded question. There is no right or wrong answer, I just ask your choice.
Somebody mentioned earlier in this post that your poll is a false dichotomy... meaning that there are only two possible outcomes. Everyone in this string with the exception of yourself believes there are more possible outcomes than just the two you offer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Why do you think it is a loaded question. There is no right or wrong answer, I just ask your choice.
Because those are not the only two possibilities. We really are beating a dead horse with all these threads but, give me a stick... can't fish.

There is minimal risk to fishing on a boat by yourself or with household members. It would be great if we could do that. People were obviously not following this rule. The easiest way for the government to address that is to just shut it down for everybody, even the people following the rules which is incredibly frustrating. It would be nice if they could enforce the rule as it was originally set up, but I understand they don't want to expose LEOs to the public for something they see as non-essential and trivial like fishing... So here we are...

Fact remains that there is minimal risk to going fishing with a boat or on shore if you follow social distancing, gloves/sanitizer for the gas pump, masks if you are going to anywhere near people and only fish solo or with household members.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.