Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all our waterfowler friends and family, Last year we did our 1st annual Waterfowlers 5k run/walk to raise money for Wounded Warrior Project. We had around 125 racers it was a good time and a good turn out. This year (2014) thoughts are getting under way. Thinking about a wildgame dinner in late winter, 5k run/walk Aug. sometime and the big push we would like to try and do this year is to provide a couple vet hunts on Saginaw Bay. We are located on the west shore of the bay, Bay City Area just looking for some feed back and God Bless and thank our Troop!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I was blessed to be able to participate in a Wounded Warrior hunt in 2012 through Patriot Hunts. I was asked to be a guide for a group of Green Berets stationed out of Fort Bragg in Fayetteville Nc. I jumped at the chance and flew into Fayettville from GRand Rapids air port on my $.

We hunted in South Carolina on some private plantations that were generously opened up for the hunt. It is something I will NEVER forget. Had an awesome time to say the least and got to meet some of Americas finest warriors in the Green Berets. These dudes were some great guys and welcomed me into their compound on Bragg. I got to see their individual weapons and where they were stored, got to handle them etc. and also saw what they do on a daily basis while back in country and it was cool!

Some of these guys had been deployed numerous times throughout the entire Gulf wars.............all of them. Most had been wounded more than once and were still active ready to go at a moments notice.

True American hero's and bad asses!

I will help wherever you need it bro. Just let me know how I can help.

I have new boat and am willing to travel to the bay whenever you schedule it! I will supply everything needed for hunt and whatever else you need that I might have.

Pm me or you can contact me via cell phone @ 616-218-3607 anytime.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Todd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smoke: Thanks for your reply, gotta say your a pretty good individual for what you have done and i will contact you at a later date and probably take you up on that. Maybe we could take out more than one vet, first year things are hard but will press on,and thanks for your Patriotism everyone dont think the same!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I'll donate my time and equip. I had 3 marines out yesterday. I really enjoyed the walleyes for warriors last summer.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1386267317.817727.jpg
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1386267336.343444.jpg
My grandfather came along also.
WW2 vet he just turned 90
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1386267388.715589.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank You!!! I've had the pleasure to hunt MWW with a couple guys who helped me out while I was home on leave and really enjoyed it. I truly appreciate that you all do such things for those of us in the military and specifically Wounded Warriors! Waterfowlers are no doubt the best bunch of sportsmen out there!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You!!! I've had the pleasure to hunt MWW with a couple guys who helped me out while I was home on leave and really enjoyed it. I truly appreciate that you all do such things for those of us in the military and specifically Wounded Warriors! Waterfowlers are no doubt the best bunch of sportsmen out there!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Thank You for Your Service keep doin what you do best and when your back this way get in touch, We always have time for goog guys like you. God Bless and take care!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would be willing to bring our rig to the bay and host a day of layout shooting. We have a tender and two layout rigs. Shoot me a PM if I can be of assistance with the hunt. I work as a DoD civilian, so if you get me the information about your event, I will put up some flyers at work and help spread the word.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts