Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Have not done it yet. I would prefer to read it first. Not the it really matters, I will still hunt the same areas.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For some, three openers on three consecutive weekends would be in jeopardy.
Example: Munuscong Bay, Houghton Lake, Saginaw Bay in Z2 if one option is adopted.
All would open the same day.
Some would gain, some would lose what they've had for years (traditions) if we change.
Careful consideration is needed.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
For some, three openers on three consecutive weekends would be in jeopardy.
Example: Munuscong Bay, Houghton Lake, Saginaw Bay in Z2 if one option is adopted.
All would open the same day.
Some would gain, some would lose what they've had for years (traditions) if we change.
Careful consideration is needed.
Yes I felt a little weird answering questions on zones I dont hunt. Being from the southern zone and surveying me about Eastern UP, I dont have both sides of the story. Seems kinda like letting people from GR and Detroit vote on whether or not the UP should be able to hunt wolves.

Oh wait...

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes I felt a little weird answering questions on zones I dont hunt. Being from the southern zone and surveying me about Eastern UP, I dont have both sides of the story. Seems kinda like letting people from GR and Detroit vote on whether or not the UP should be able to hunt wolves.

Oh wait...

There was a don't know/care option.

·
Registered
969 Posts

Oh wait...

I selected the not sure/don't care on the NW lower and Saginaw Bay questions. Saginaw Bay moving into Z2 could lower hunter counts around me in the NE lower, but I still don't feel quite right doing it for my own personal gain.

Four zones, not four zones. I'd like to see the zones on that one. Not enough information.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I used the Don't know options for zones I don't hunt but I'm OK if things stay the same--of course I started hunting in the old points system with a 30 day season when steel shot was more of a, 'spray and pray'!!!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
This Survey should have asked you which is your preferred zone you hunt .
And then have you answer only zoning
Questions on that zone . In other words
Your locked out of the other two zones.
Should be this same way at a CWAC
Meeting/ vote you take care of your zone and only your zone

1 - 20 of 35 Posts