Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just double checking th guide before the youth hunt tomorrow and it looks like on the table of limits you can get yout 6 duck limit and 6 mergansers per 'note a' (2 hooded I assume)

Below that in the written limit section it says in addition to the duck limit 5 mergansers can be taken (2 hooded)

Is this unclear to anyone else? I know I'm gonna get some flack for asking about mergansers but the young guy won't mind tomorrow I can almost guarantee that. Plus they actually make decent jerky.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The daily limit for ducks is 6
The daily limit for Mergansers is 5
Just like it says in the rules. Quit trying to get extra birds !!!!
Rules are rules

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I understand the limit based on what is written in the text (5 mergs). My question is NOT can I beat the system and get extra birds :rant: So I've had enough of that s**t in just the past two days....

My question is why is the table misprinted?

Its obviously not grouped to keep the dates the same b/c coots and morhens share the same timing. They should have ducks/mergansers with 6/5 or they should add another row for the mergansers or they should not put 6 as the limit ans just say see note.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Let's go back to the point system...:lol:

Quick funny story about the point system,, back in the day we were hunting Harsen's and I watched a kid and his Dad come to check in counter with 20+ coots. :lol: That woulda been a fun day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts