• September 19th - 20th

Votes: 2 6.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

I've been asked to post a poll on possible dates for next years show.

I've posted 4 possible dates, so please review and let us know which weekend would interest you most for the waterfowl show.

thanks,
Branta

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Just an FYI for some who may not know and plan to attend,

Cabela's big waterfowl show is the 22nd and 23rd also. Likely wouldn't be a deciding factor for many but I thought I'd point it out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think the waterfowl festival should be the weekend before the youth hunt. That way theres not alot of confusion with the youth hunters GDHA and having to boat into the event after pulling out of vermet. 2 years ago thats how it was, before the youth hunt. Thats just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Can I vote one more than one site? ;)

I think the problem with having it in September is that now with the early goose season, youth waterfowl and youth deer seasons there really arent any "free" weekends.

So my vote would be to hold it the last weekend in August (as long as its not Labor Day weekend.)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Go back to the weekend following labor day like it was for years! I havent been there since they changed the date and I have spoken to several vendors @ other shows who just roll their eyes @ the 'new' dates.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Can I vote one more than one site? ;)
Nope.

(it's like all star voting... very official, no way to stuff the ballot box! ;) )

Swamper- I think they flipped it back to later in Sept. to actually accomodate the vendors. thought that's what I heard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
August way is better, as long as it does NOT conflict with Crane Creek, Ohio and the Lake Erie Waterfowl Show.

This year, the Crane Creek Show is the 23rd & 24th of August.

Jeff at Webbedconnection (we hunt, too!)

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Just as long as it is not during goose season or the youth hunt. Goin to have to cut the hunt short a little bit(or just limit them out quick :D ) so I can make it to the calling comp. I would just skip the PM comp but have to work this weekend and miss crane creek.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Go back to the weekend following labor day like it was for years! I havent been there since they changed the date and I have spoken to several vendors @ other shows who just roll their eyes @ the 'new' dates.
And while their at it, bring back the old format also. "DUCK HUNTERS TOURNAMENT". In the last 20 years its been nothing but a swap meet. Hy Dalka along with the rest of the original organizers have to be turning over in their graves.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's been that way since the begining. A bunch of guys got together to sell their stuff and see who was king of the marsh in the tournament portion. Most of it was used stuff back then. Lets see some more particpants on Sunday in the actual tournament to see who is the KING of the marsh.

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
I would think it would promote more participation. Last weekend in August that is NOT the Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have three boys that are just starting to come of age for the youth hunts. I would love for Tournament to NOT be the same weekend as the youth hunt. I don't want to leave my truck / boat unattended with all my gear, and there's really nowhere to park your boat anyway. Not to mention the time constraint it puts on your hunt.

My 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts