Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im planning to head out of the Linwood area this weekend for the first trip of the season. Just started fishing the bay last season and im hooked. Bought a new shanty this year, but still dont have any electronics or the spare cash to buy one this yr. Would like to head out to deeper water, but would also like to see my lure and the bottom so I can sight fish. For the guys who have been out this year how deep can you get out and still see bottom/fish whil in the shanty? Last year I was out of Linwood in about 15fow and could see bottom perfectly clear, but hoping to get out a little further than that this year. Thx in advance for your help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
16 fow is about the deepest you an go with good clarity. fished 19 fow and could not see bottom. Also sometimes the water is murky and cant see 15 fow. fished up by pinconning last week and couldnt see bottom in 15 fow.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
17' was clear as day yesterday. 19' i could see my lure laying down there, but i couldnt make out much else. Keep in mind, i wasnt in a shanty.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated, I'll send ya a pm with my report after the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts