Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got my truck ripped off at alter. of course it took cops 3 hours to come and make a report. good luck ya"ll. now i might as well drive a bike to work.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Bummer! Hope they find it so you can get back out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That just makes me sick, sorry to hear that brother. I just found out couple days ago all my fishing gear rods/tackle was ripped off. They sure wouldn't want me to be the prosecuter if they find your truck!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry to hear that.:mad: If there is one thing I can't stand its a theif.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Whitetail70 said:
That just makes me sick, sorry to hear that brother. I just found out couple days ago all my fishing gear rods/tackle was ripped off. They sure wouldn't want me to be the prosecuter if they find your truck!
Welcome to the club.:smile-mad I get pissed off everytime I load up to go fishing. The anger never subsides once you've been victimized like that.:rant:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey perch king, not trying to preach to you , but you need to clean up the language, I am surprised a mod hasnt cleaned it up for you. A lot of kids read this stuff, I use some pretty salty langauge myself, just got to know when and where. Have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
21,069 Posts
Having spent the last 35 years in and around the ghetto it really doesn't surprise me. I took a drive down to Alter last week. It's only about 1 1/2 miles from my shop and seemed like a logistical dream come true...

But, after looking around the launch and the adjoining properties (vacant, burned out, ect) I figured why risk it. There no possible way that anyone can protect themselves from thieves regardless how many guards keep an eye on things. And why would a guard risk his life for someone else's property?

I have a few specialty stores (Butcher Shops) within the city limits that I frequent. I won't even go there without my dog keeping an eye on my vehicle. Here's a boat launch where the criminal element sees you heading out in the river (and can see you coming back). He's got all the time in the world to steal your vehicle.

At the same token I continued down Jefferson and looked at the St Jean Launch. I talked to the guy at the booth for quite some time. He allowed me
to enter and look around. I can see he runs a tight ship. I wouldn't hesitate to leave my truck there. At least there's someone visible to deter a crook. Lord knows the cops won't come when called. By the time they do show up, your vehicle is down to the frame somewhere on Chalmers.

Sorry about your misfortune

·
Registered
847 Posts
I launch at alter frequently. Haven't had a prolblem so far, thank god. What time of day or night did they steal it? Was your trailer attached with a lock or did they leave it behind? I can't imagine coming back to a truck and or tailer missing, hope they find those guys. If they do I hope whitetail70 can prosecute them!!!! :help:

Ryan

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
That sucks!!! I would really like to know the time of day or night that this happened!!! My guess is night??? I used to worry about coming back and my truck being gone!! I have a well off ashland.....My insurance agent says keep most valuables out of the truck....and we'll take care of it...don't worry!! His boat is about 3 wells away from mine!:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
sorry to hear that you got "ganked" bro.

used to park at the st. jeans to fish the upper part years ago. till i got my truck ripped off. smashed the $250 window out for a hand full of change.
and yes there was a guard there at the time, haven't been back since.
are there still flocks of pheasents in those vacant lots near by???

heared about the alter road lunch and took a look hoping to find a better spot to go out there, i wouldn't leave my in-laws vehicle there either.

as for thieves, the only thing their good for is to try out my 10mm hand loads.:bash:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
thunderman said:
used to park at the st. jeans to fish the upper part years ago. till i got my truck ripped off. smashed the $250 window out for a hand full of change.
and yes there was a guard there at the time, haven't been back since.
A buddy had his truck broke into while parked at a launch site on the St. Clair River. Took his radio and some other small stuff. Guess he should not go back there either. BTW, he never had this problem while parked at St. Jean in the '80s, '90s, and '00s including this years.

thunderman said:
are there still flocks of pheasents in those vacant lots near by???
Nope. Vacant lots have been turned into new construction. New houses and new businesses going up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
sorry man it just makes me mad that WORTHLESS people have to steal from people like us. I've had my truck stolen in the "D" my uncle just got his taken 2 months ago 2 weeks before that my brother got his taken from a bar down town and my dad works at jefferson north (Chrysler) right by the launch and has his truck stolen 4 times in 20 years.. Sorry again about the language didnt realize this was a kids sight aswell wont happen again guys..

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. man that sucks. It makes me stay away from alter and also some great fishing. what a shame when we have places we cannot go because of low life's

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know someone that had their trailer stolen off their truck there too. Also had a broken window in their truck, funny thing was there was nothing inside worth taking. ( maybe got scared off?).Might have been trying to steal truck and were spotted. That park across from there gives thieves time to see u leave and time for them to get to your stuff. I've pulled in there before and left because of suspicious people sitting in a van on the street across from there who seemed to be casing the area. I miss that old lady who used to sit out there and enforce the guys who were trying to launch for free. She did'nt take no crap.
Johnr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts