Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the market for new boots. Post what u guys like and don't like. I know micky mouse boots are on the list of favs. Was looking at those as well as clam sub zero x. Anyone have those by chance? Any info on what u like vs don't like would be great. Tnks

Burgundy

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Korkers Polar Vortex 1200. Lightweight, warm, waterproof, BOA lacing and interchangeable soles with cleated soles included. I’ve owned just about everything and these are the best. If super cold, put a set of toe warmers in. You will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
For the warm weather you all are having this winter, I recommend flip flops. LMAO!

On a serious not, Much Arctic series boots. Waterproof and should keep your feet warm enough unless it get extremely cold.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
You can do better than a -40 rating. Like Sorel Glacier's are -100 for instance. Like mine a bunch.
So in the market for new boots. Post what u guys like and don't like. I know micky mouse boots are on the list of favs. Was looking at those as well as clam sub zero x. Anyone have those by chance? Any info on what u like vs don't like would be great. Tnks

Burgundy

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought a pair of the Baffin not positive of model, but the big black ones in the picture. Warm for sure but don’t fit to well inside my striker ice pant legs. Makes it hard to zip up the pant legs. They fit ok in my snowmobile bibs though.

·
Administrator
17,421 Posts
In sub-zero, I wear Swamptracker 1000g Thinsulate and my feet never get cold. For moderate freezing temperatures, I go with a lighter 400g version.
Note that I am a bucket sitter who fishes in any temperature mainly without a shanty. Hell - if you are in a shanty, you really could wear flip-flops!
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have size 10r black mickeys that are too small. If someone has 11-12 and are too big for them I'll swap.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My toes get cold in Arctic Pros. I beat the snot out of my boots and they have held up rather well. As long as my feet stay dry I can manage, the AP's so far have delivered.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
My toes get cold in Arctic Pros. I beat the snot out of my boots and they have held up rather well. As long as my feet stay dry I can manage, the AP's so far have delivered.
Really can't imagine anyone's feet/toes not getting cold in the most facked up conditions. No matter what boots your wearing. If you sit still long enough without movement. You are gonna freeze them toes/feet off. Just my 02....:)

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Really can't imagine anyone's feet/toes not getting cold in the most facked up conditions. No matter what boots your wearing. If you sit still long enough without movement. You are gonna freeze them toes/feet off. Just my 02....:)
I actually can't move my feet, toes, legs.. I had too make sure I got good boots... I explained this to the guy at gander mountain when buying them. Plus rubbers were a bitch for me to get on- off. Used to swear by 1000 gram lacrosse anything. These omni heat gigs said something about good to -30* with one pair of socks and 150$ or so, been a long time. They've got that reflective material inside.

Check into omni heat by Columbia @Mr Burgundy
Light weight, small and WARM. I don't ever sit in a shanty and have spent from daylight to dark in the coldest weather we've had.. One pair of socks and when I take my boots off my feet are warm to the touch.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts