Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok please dont let this thread get out of hand i have a serious question....

and no i dont want to break laws here... i just want it for bait...

I NEED SOME BEAVERS!!!!!

i want a beaver for my bear bait.... can anyone help? anyone know of a friend of a friend even?

I think its legal to get beaver right... you just cant "Buy" them.... correct?

if i had my fur harvesters license i should be good right?

i just want the carcass for the the record... let me know...please

i will be driving from Lansing to the UP... so anywhere not TOO far out of the way would be cool....

thanks

-Craig

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so let me get this straight... all the guys on T-MAN that do ADC work dont use those animals :lol:... hmmmmm something is :fish: about that.... maybe its just in michigan :rolleyes:.... im not trying to be a smart ****... it 1 doesnt make any sense... and 2... isnt very logical......

just my .02...

but thanks for the info

ok anyone with LEFTOVER bevaer carcasses that they are deciding not to eat let me know:)

thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Only you would be looking for someones else beaver they wont eat.

I do knwo beaver is tough to come by tho i was looking for some last year and i couldnt find any.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only you would be looking for someones else beaver they wont eat.

I do knwo beaver is tough to come by tho i was looking for some last year and i couldnt find any.

only you would have goofy **** faces to post on here

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Some trappers will have some frozen for bait for this season. You might be able to talk some out of them..

I only saved 3-4, so I can't give any up. Sorry.:(

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha come on rusty... everyone has a price:D...i mean... for gas to travel....to meet me....i heard gas is like 20 bucks a mile?... ill meet ya a mile from your place:D

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no clue man.... all the guides... ok A LOT OF the guide use it for bear bait... i guess they find them tasty... no clue

im not going to cry if i dont get one... i will survive....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hunthawk, just curious what's special about beaver for bear bait?

I bet it would have to do with why is it so good to every other critter out there. Everything likes to eat beaver.

They are just so darn tasty and i bet the castor smells good to bears to just like it does to all the other critters.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would like to know what is special about Beaver as well. But if that is the bait of choice, I wonder if woodchuck would work as well? they are of the same family? I am sure that you could find a farmer or two that would love to have some exterminated. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah Jim, someone else offered me woodchucks and that seems to be the only legal way... dont want to go against that... thats not me... so i will actually give woodchuck a try... i think its just because those canucks dont have woodchucks up there in the artic :lol:

as for now im not going to change anything though... ill only add a chuck or something if they dont hit my bait as hard or something like that...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.