Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some salmon and trout roe for the steelhead this season. I don't know if it has been rare this year or not but either way I'd like to buy some.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's not legal to buy or sell roe without a license in the State of Michigan.

Get thee to a fish cleaning station.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my bad sorry I didn't know that. But how can I find the nearest cleaning station

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But really where are they at in michigan

·
Registered
18,144 Posts
Where are you?

St. Joe, South Haven, Holland, Grand Haven (sort of), Fisherman's Landing in Muskegon, I think Ludington...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I've used these before, http://www.sunrisebait.com/ You have to call him for fresh and be prepared to pay big for 2 day shipping, Only did that once. The 1 quart Cured worked fine for me and was much cheaper shipping, Theirs alot of eggs in a quart. He will take money orders also. I just didn't have time to drive west and hang out at a fish cleaning station hoping someone didn't want their eggs. tight lines Jaa

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've used these before, http://www.sunrisebait.com/ You have to call him for fresh and be prepared to pay big for 2 day shipping, Only did that once. The 1 quart Cured worked fine for me and was much cheaper shipping, Theirs alot of eggs in a quart. He will take money orders also. I just didn't have time to drive west and hang out at a fish cleaning station hoping someone didn't want their eggs. tight lines Jaa
Thanks for the link I might buy some from this guy

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish we had some better salmon and steelhead fisheries on the SE side here, I wanna go up to the Manistee and the Betsie or some thing one of these day

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I wish we had some better salmon and steelhead fisheries on the SE side here, I wanna go up to the Manistee and the Betsie or some thing one of these day

In the past, guys on this site have talked relatively favorably about "sticky coho eggs", that are sometimes handled by Gander.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Give Franks in Linwood a call, they might have the "sticky coho eggs".

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the past, guys on this site have talked relatively favorably about "sticky coho eggs", that are sometimes handled by Gander.
Hmm I might have to see. Do you know if bass pro sells eggs like not sold in a little jar?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
All legit Salmon eggs sold in MI have been cured. If you want loose eggs to tie bags, you need to find some spawning Salmon, and catch them. Or find someone else who has caught a loose hen, and doesn't want the eggs.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Go to a public cleaning station at a busy launch near a harbor and you can normally get all you want. Most guys don't save it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go to a public cleaning station at a busy launch near a harbor and you can normally get all you want. Most guys don't save it.
Yah my problem is im in SE Michigan so its a little hard for me to do that. I don't want to have to drive out to the West side to see if I get lucky.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Yah my problem is im in SE Michigan so its a little hard for me to do that. I don't want to have to drive out to the West side to see if I get lucky.
Nobody is going to deliver it to your home, unless you buy it somewhere, and pay to have it shipped. The next 3 weeks is "the window" to get loose uncured Salmon eggs for bait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts