Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone happen to have or know where I can get a gas tank for an 86 Honda 200sx. Or a good way to fix mine. Pin holes from surface rust, I think its an aluminum tank. Thanks Jody

·
Registered
686 Posts
try seals all. i have used it on 3 different truck gas tanks and it has worked. you also may want to try snowmobile salvage in mt. pleasant.

·
Registered
229 Posts
J-B Weld

Its a 2 part epoxy.... works great for what you need.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
I have the same problem. I took mine to a place that seals gas tanks on cars. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's in Bay City. Problem is it worked for about a year, now it's leaking again.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys:) Quakr I did find a plastic tank on that site for $128, thats the route I think I'll take. She's an old machine but still starts on the first pull:D Andy, Boy do I feel stupid....I must have spaced out on that one. Funny thing is- I 'm sure its aluminum. the pinholes have no rust around them, but the paint was bubbled and rust colored at each hole. It actually appears like something ate away the tank from the inside out:confused: Maybe it has something to do with the almost 20 yrs of crud I cleaned out of there:D Jody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts