Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Want to drive over to the DR with my kids is all mud after this rain

2546 Views 17 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  fishinthed
DR water clarity I have a 3 and a half hour drive thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
I can’t say for sure , but I’ll be heading that way tomorrow we hardly got any rain today but it has been real windy. I can let you know tomorrow if you don’t get an answer today .

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
DR water clarity I have a 3 and a half hour drive thanks

Reactions: Sea Nags
Thanks a lot kids are fired up to go I would really appreciate it

Will be mud after this north east blow... Scr is, lake is.. **** goes downhill, which will be the D. Didnt rain much wind is more of a factor
I drove Lake Shore Drive this afternoon through the Pointes. The lake was churned up pretty good from that NE blow and that wind has been persistent here all evening. N NE winds again tomorrow in the high teens with gusts in the 20's through the morning. The upper river will be murky for a day or 2.
I f I had a ten minute drive I would stay home. Mud forsure.
Reactions: pjd and auger
If you can wait til tomorrow afternoon to decide, thats what you should do. I will say for sure though, there will be nicer days and better fishing ahead.
Gentlemen working at the delray launch took pic of river. Looked real muddy.
Wait and make it worthwhile for the kids.
It’s too early, waters too cold and too muddy now for a good bite. Like above, I live 5 minutes from the river and I ain’t goin anytime soon.
Ok thanks guys my wife is in Florida for a week just the kids and I lol probably go for coho thanks

Spring Ho’s are a blast! I’d trade ya any day. Good luck.
Ok thanks guys my wife is in Florida for a week just the kids and I lol probably go for coho thanks

Reactions: evil eye's
water won't settle down for a week.....gonna blow all day tomorrow
Stay over there and go for the silver fish! I jigged the DR yesterday and got nothing! Water got worse today with 40 mph northeasterly gusts. Wind is gonna blow till tomorrow evening.....
Working downtown D. Few boats out but water is getting on the muddy side now.
Not that long. The upper starts to clear in about a day or two. The first day after it starts to clean up can be great. The US should be fishable Sunday, if not tomorrow afternoon.

water won't settle down for a week.....gonna blow all day tomorrow
Yeah especially with the flow being something like 20% higher velocity than in the not so distant past, it clears out quicker than you would think.
Not that long. The upper starts to clear in about a day or two. The first day after it starts to clean up can be great. The US should be fishable Sunday, if not tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: fishinthed
Looks like great weather today, so I may have a go at the evening shift if I can wrap up my work and have a successful bucket run with my motor, Wyandotte is not a long drive for yours truly. Will post intel regarding the conditions, and maybe a fishing report if I do.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.