Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at Kroger by my house. Lake perch $7.99 lb. Very good price (usually $12.99 lb.) 1 lb. will usually feed 3-4 with the normal side dishes.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Want a perch dinner but can't get out to catch them...

Zander? :lol: Kidding of course.

What is a very simple yet tasty way to prepare these guys, pan fry in a little butter?

·
Premium Member
30,120 Posts

What is a very simple yet tasty way to prepare these guys, pan fry in a little butter?
I fry them alot in drakes with some cajun seasoning mixed in. Dry batter, just shake them up in a ziploc with it and hot oil enough to deep fry in iron skillet. Also a way thats excellent, is to put the fillets on a plate, some REAL butter over top and season to your liking. Then cover with saran wrap tight, and nuke for 4 min. When done, sprinkle with parmesean cheese. People cringe when they hear microwave perch, but try it once. I use just fillets, no skin. This works on walleye,pike,whitefish also. All the white fleshed fish, just nuke longer for thicker fillets. You can put in over on thin layer of italian bread crumbs, and cover with melted butter also. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. 400 dergrees 25 min.

Bad thing is its been so long since I've had any, that the 26 and 3 walleye we fried up last night got all ate by 3 people with nothing but a little tatar:SHOCKED: Nothing but fish:lol: Did manage to hide 4 peices of walleye for my toasted bun with mayo this morning and nuke them covered with pepperjack cheese for breakfast. Love it the next day that way.:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was just at Kroger by my house. Lake perch $7.99 lb. Very good price (usually $12.99 lb.) 1 lb. will usually feed 3-4 with the normal side dishes.
At my local Kroger, they mark down walleye and perch that has been there a few days. Huge savings and this fish is just fine. Cheap way to throw together a quick cheap fish meal. I usually go mid to late morning, gives them time to get the stuff marked down. Never had any problems and the fish is great.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Forget the Kroger's Mike. After these winds die down, head over to the Canadian side of LSC for some unbelievable perchin. Southern shore. My buddies have been just hammerin em over there. 150-200 at a time. Honest to God. A couple trips there and you won't need a Kroger ever again.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
god bless it, i need to get out after the convict fish! the reports are killin me!

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Just simple flour dusting and a little oil in the fry pan. You can add what ever spices to the flour such as garlic powder or some Bay seasoning or paprika.

Forget the Kroger's Mike. After these winds die down, head over to the Canadian side of LSC for some unbelievable perchin. Southern shore. My buddies have been just hammerin em over there. 150-200 at a time. Honest to God. A couple trips there and you won't need a Kroger ever again.
Like to Scott. No license this year for Canada. And quite the haul by boat from Crocker. But someday gonna have to try. Then that means I need to clean more.:D

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just simple flour dusting and a little oil in the fry pan. You can add what ever spices to the flour such as garlic powder or some Bay seasoning or paprika.

Like to Scott. No license this year for Canada. And quite the haul by boat from Crocker. But someday gonna have to try. Then that means I need to clean more.:D

What do you mean "this year"? I know I know... you don't like Canadian perch.:lol: Better at Kroger.:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Canadian license is a MUST. Can't believe after all these years Mike you still don't have one. It pays for itself with your first limit in April. Much better walleye, perch and muskie fishing on the queens side.

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You mean to tell me that you have a charter business and do not offer your clients the opportunity of CA waters? :confused::confused:
So far all clients stayed in the US. I don't need one unless I'm fishing also. Usually I don't pick up a rod while out with clients. But sometimes I do for a cast or two. I do tho while jigging to keep the line vertical.

Canadian license is a MUST. Can't believe after all these years Mike you still don't have one. It pays for itself with your first limit in April. Much better walleye, perch and muskie fishing on the queens side.
I had one 2 years ago and didn't use it. Will get one for sure next year. The FLW tournament is back to the DR. Will need one then.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I had one 2 years ago and didn't use it. Will get one for sure next year. The FLW tournament is back to the DR. Will need one then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Mike, if your lucky, you will get set up with another jigging Pro to guarantee you a top 3 finish...Awsome!!!!!!

Mushy

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had one 2 years ago and didn't use it. Will get one for sure next year. The FLW tournament is back to the DR. Will need one then.
Yeah Mike, if your lucky, you will get set up with another jigging Pro to guarantee you a top 3 finish...Awsome!!!!!!

Mushy[/QUOTE]

You mean lightening will strike twice!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gotta keep this classifed info away from the better half... She is conviced that my fish is about $200/lb .... :lol:

But what the heck...the cost goes down each outing. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts