Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Wamplers in the AM Sunday morning. Launched out of the canal adjacent to Jerrys Pub. Decent amount of guys fishing out there mostly catching perch. Fished in 7 FOW to the left of the pub. Took home 22 perch and one crappie. Perch were caught on mostly LARGER minnows, wigglers and waxies. No gills were caught from our group. Only heard of one group that caught any gills. Fishing was good until the wind started to blow around 10:30 - 11 AM and shut the fishing right down.

Corey

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
polarbare -

TommyBoy hit it on the nose...Just turn down Egan HWY and take that all the way down past the bend and the Pub is on the right. Like he said, the road deadends into it pretty much. Can't miss it, it has a huge stone parking lot on the other side of the rode. It has a canal just before the pub which you cross on the small bridge. Park there in the parking lost across from Jerrys, take the canal out to the lake and walk straight out and to the left just a little bit and you should see some permanant shantys out there..good lucka nd tight lines

Corey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Corey

I live close to the Irish Hills and usually fish every weekend on one of the lakes in the area. Do you fish the area often? Thinking maybe we could get some fishing reports from each other if you do. I fished Kelly Lake on Sunday and didn't have much luck. Weekend before fished Little Stoney off Person Hwy. and caught quite a few nice gills right before dark.

Good luck, Tommyboy

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks guys... We have hit Wamplers for 26 perch out in front of the state park beach, but nothing since about January 20th. Vinyeard has given up a couple of small pike to us, but thats about it.

Good luck, maybe we'll see ya out in front of Jerry's.... Oh yeah, hows the food there??

Polar

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got lucky enough to get a reservation on the La Su Ann chain of lakes this weekend. So, I will be fishing the big lake there this weekend.

Tommyboy - I do fish those areas quite a bit. My girlfriend has a cottage on Sand Lake just down the road from Wamplers, have done decent for perch, but nothing to write home about...Wamplers seemd to be pretty good to us. Was thinking about hitting up Clark Lake in Brooklyn because a guy I talked to at wamplers on Sunday said he has been catching nice gills outta there, and wanted some perch in his freezer, so he came to Wamplers.

Polarbare21 - I seen quite a few shanties down off of the State Park access on Sunday...what depth do you guys have over there...prolly 6-10 FOW??? The only bummer about over there, is when the sleds start running, they use those shanties down there as a turning point. And the food is great, nice little restuarant, they'll fill ya up!

Corey

·
Registered
229 Posts
You got it... 6 fow.

More sleds than fishermen when I was out there.
Its a shame... all that lake and our shantys just become cones in the road! lol.

Good luck guys, I'm taking the kids to Grass Lake this weekend, and Wamplers next weekend, we'll try Jerrys for lunch (and re-hydration)

Polar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts