Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put boat in the little lake (Round Lake) attatched to Wamplers Saturday morning looking to catch a few gills. The lake was flat so I decided to troll the shoreline with a jointed black and silver Rebel. I had just locked the bail and BAM the fight was on.....30" Northern. I saw he was going to take me into the weeds so I motored out to deeper water. I must say that was probably the best fight Ive had from a pike in a long time.

After the pike fight I went on to Wamplers and caught a bunch of panfish but only 8 keepers. It sure wasnt a quiet day out there with all of the boat traffic. I HATE JET SKI"S!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I like pike. I haven't tried those lakes yet. Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be there soon. :)
Elk, if you want some good pike fishing try the east side of Anchor Bay on Lake St. Clair near Fairhaven. I've been catching a lot of pike over there the past month.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Put boat in the little lake (Round Lake) attatched to Wamplers Saturday morning looking to catch a few gills. The lake was flat so I decided to troll the shoreline with a jointed black and silver Rebel. I had just locked the bail and BAM the fight was on.....30" Northern. I saw he was going to take me into the weeds so I motored out to deeper water. I must say that was probably the best fight Ive had from a pike in a long time.

After the pike fight I went on to Wamplers and caught a bunch of panfish but only 8 keepers. It sure wasnt a quiet day out there with all of the boat traffic. I HATE JET SKI"S!!:lol:
yeah i hold onto my last rifle hoping for an open season on jet skis!:evilsmile

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I've never fished LSC. I can't hit big open water with my 14' jon unless there is no wind. It's a tough ride in any wave conditions. I end up puddle jumping looking for big pike. Water temp is dropping so the pike action should be picking up. Can you get to round lake from wamplers?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I've never fished LSC. I can't hit big open water with my 14' jon unless there is no wind. It's a tough ride in any wave conditions. I end up puddle jumping looking for big pike. Water temp is dropping so the pike action should be picking up. Can you get to round lake from wamplers?
Ya you can get to Round Lake from Wamplers. Hang a left when heading out of the launch & go under the bridge (you'll need to duck).

BTW, on a calmer day you can launch out of Fairhaven & have a short run to good pike areas. The waves don't get that bad in Anchor Bay as they do out on the main lake. If you plan on going to LSC let me know & I'll PM you on where to fish. Else if I have an open seat in the coming weekends you can fish with me. My boat is only 14' 5" but it handles the waves good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts