Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an avid ice fisherman and guide...I normally fish North and South Lake Leelanau in Leelanau County...I am staying for 5 days at Boyne Mountain and not much of a skier or snowboarder haha ...I researched lakes nearby and have heard about Walloon Lake, and would really like to fish it for splake/trout/walleye and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and or pointers on where to go and where the best place is to gain access to the lake...also has anyone been fishing it?

I would really appreciate any help, thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was just skiing with the family at Boyne for the holiday weekend. I fished Charlevoix right by Boyne City for 3 hours. No fish and only saw 1 walleye caught. I drove over to the south arm of Charlevoix in East Jordan after leaving Boyne City. They looked to be having better luck there. Not fast and furious, but a few fish. I did not try Walloon, Deer, or Thumb. Deer Lake had quiet a few people on it all day Sunday.
I stopped and fished the Saginaw River under the Zilwaukee Bridge on the way home. (The family sat in the car and waited while I fished for 20 minutes). I had 4 bites and caught 1 walleye 8 inches long.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I was just skiing with the family at Boyne for the holiday weekend. I fished Charlevoix right by Boyne City for 3 hours. No fish and only saw 1 walleye caught. I drove over to the south arm of Charlevoix in East Jordan after leaving Boyne City. They looked to be having better luck there. Not fast and furious, but a few fish. I did not try Walloon, Deer, or Thumb. Deer Lake had quiet a few people on it all day Sunday.
I stopped and fished the Saginaw River under the Zilwaukee Bridge on the way home. (The family sat in the car and waited while I fished for 20 minutes). I had 4 bites and caught 1 walleye 8 inches long.
You win!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was a bust for us. Ended up waisting an hour off/out from Stolt Rd. We then hit up "old reliable" and between 3 of use managed to ice a few crappie, 3 pike, and about 25 gills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts