Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(
On the fishing report (777-7008) from Lakeside today Capt. Dan had a report
of 25 legal size walleye's that were left in the dumpster at the St Jean ramp. Did anyone else hear about this? I hope they catch the scumbags that did it!

Brian in Harrison Twp

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Somebody probably came in with over the limit in the boat. They saw the DNR checking boats as they left the gate and decided to get rid of the evidence.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If the DNR catches someone over the limit, what do they do with the excess fish? i don't think they would let them keep them. I also think they wouldn't just toss them in the dumpster.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought they take a picture, freeze part of the fish and use it for evidence later at the hearing. Don't slam me if I'm wrong, but I read it in Woods & water a while back.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
mikey said:
I thought they take a picture, freeze part of the fish and use it for evidence later at the hearing. Don't slam me if I'm wrong, but I read it in Woods & water a while back.
Usually they just need one fish per person to prove "over the limit" so if there are even more fish they might just give them to someone who needs them.

Maybe to a shelter for battered women or the homeless??

It is a good question.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I watched some guys get ticketed for snaggin salmon one fall. After giving the guys the tickets the officer let the guys take the fish home with them (they were basically dead on a stringer).
I'm not sure if it's the same for being over the limit or not.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I seen damn near the same thing at Trenton yesterday,I had to do a double take when I seen the fish in the dumpster and the amount of meat that went wasted on the them because people don't know how to filet em,someone left alot of meat on those fish....:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts