Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be guys and gals at the Captains Meeting that have been fishing all week out there. They will be very happy to share any information they have to make sure our Veterans are able to have a heck of a day fishing out there . For many of them this is there first time on the bay and for some it will be their last. That is why it means so much for them to get out there and get on fish. It is a big area out there and not many hrs for them to fish so knowing where to go and how to catch them will only add to thier enjoyment. What this group of warriors has done and some are still doing for EACH ONE of us, asking for a few pointers for their success on the water doesn't seem like much to ask. If I am wrong correct me. Nels aka Skeeter coordinator walleyesforwarriors.com

Now lets see how many replies with info we get Blue Ranger and some of the other 90 Boat captains. I will print them off and set them on a table with a Saginaw Bay Map so many the local and out of town Boat Captains have an idea where to go. I thank each one who responds in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey guys-good fishing north,will be approx. 15 mile run from mouth of river.will have gps numbers for those that want them sat. Al---A.J.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
count on me to share all I have to share. As soon as most of us get on them,give out a Hail Mary to all to come and get them. Maybe a wild coyote call. This guys and gals deserve it big time. Just one day,forget about your secret hot spots and share with them. Thank You

·
Registered
274 Posts
hey guys-good fishing north,will be approx. 15 mile run from mouth of river.will have gps numbers for those that want them sat. Al---A.J.

Please share via IM. I would like to know them and pre-fish them Friday or Saturday so I can make sure my folks have a great trip.

Thanks in advance for the information.

·
Registered
578 Posts
be fishing Friday afternoon. If we get into them I will send GPS Co-ordiantes. Tell everyone on them THANK YOU they deserve much more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been on the water for the last few days. The best fishing is west of 1 & 2 within a 2 mile radius. Fish stratified from 10'- bottom. I have been running a program covering the whole profile- Outside boards at 23-25' back with 1 oz inlines, next board at 30' behind 1 oz inlines. Next 2 boards have been 35-45 with 1.5 oz bb. "Pumper rod" off the back of the boat with 3 oz on bottom has also taken a number of good fish. All meat on about any color- Antifreeze, pink panties, black/purple have all done really well.

Spoons and plastics are taking limits as well in the same area.

The challenge is - boat traffic. Everybody is hitting the same area hard.

Another area is A bouy- good numbers of fish- just not quite as fast and furious as deep.

Saturday morning I will hit a couple of other areas and hopefully can lend some more help at the Captains Meeting Saturday afternoon.

Feel free to call my cell at 989-882-7033, I will help you out all I can.

Capt'n Scott

·
Registered
578 Posts
We fished out of LBM this afternoon from 12:30 to 5:00 and didn't do too bad we kept 9 had 4 throw backs and the best part was we were all by ourselves. We were in 19.8 ' of water about 2 miles north. Lost 2 big fish at the back of the boat (rookie on the net) most of our fish came on purple combinations of reef runners. We ran them from 75 -60' back. Good luck tomorrow I hope every boat catches limits.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am a vet and I would like to join this event in 2013. I have one issue: I spend Father's Day with my kids. Will this be on Father's Day again in 2013? If it is, can I join with my own team in my boat? (my 2 kids & I) If it's not on Father's Day I will be happy to take some vets on my boat. 22' crestliner good for 3 plus myslef.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts