Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out this morning at the shipping lane around Buoy #31. Started getting some walleye action as soon as we started trolling with nightcrawler harnesses. The action died real quick for us too. The bite was off at about 7:30. We only ended up with three eyes and a smallie. Two guys trolling an orange and yellow spoon were getting a good number of eyes. We did not have any spoons on the boat to try them out.

Tried at the mouth of the middle channel on our way in. Talked to two guys trolling the area and they said they got 6 eyes, but much earlier in the morning. We picked up a smallie there too.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks for the report planning on giving it a go Thursday haven't fished since the beg. of July .

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report planning on giving it a go Thursday haven't fished since the beg. of July .
I will be going out again too tomorrow (Thursday). I plan on going into Fisher and/or Goose bay. I only go there when it is a real calm day as I will be crossing the lake from the Harley boat launch and I do not like it too rough when doing a long ride by boat. Tomorrow is suppose to be light winds most of the day. I hope the weathermen are right this time. LOL Gotta get some panfish.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
We'll be fishing a mixed species tournament Saturday. I'll be out in the channels and cuts. Perch, walleye, bass and pike. Should be a good time if the rain holds off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Heard theres a big bass tournament on sat.

I'm goin out tomorrow, friday, soon as I get done with a project I promised to do. Supposed to install a window a/c unit in a house we rent out in centerline. Wont be far from the lake so soon as I'm done I'm heading to da bay.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I did ok today. Ran up the lower north channel and drifted back down with crawler harnesses but nothing.
Ran back up and drifted back down jigging 3/4 oz and zero z 2. Got 4 walleyes and lost a few more. Also a few sheepsheads. 20 ft of water following the edge of the channel. where it flows into the bay.
Stopped on my way back to launch and tried a harness again.. Got some smerch, sheepsheads, a rocky and one more walleye.
Decided to let the last walleye go.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did ok today. Ran up the lower north channel and drifted back down with crawler harnesses but nothing.
Ran back up and drifted back down jigging 3/4 oz and zero z 2. Got 4 walleyes and lost a few more. Also a few sheepsheads. 20 ft of water following the edge of the channel. where it flows into the bay.
Stopped on my way back to launch and tried a harness again.. Got some smerch, sheepsheads, a rocky and one more walleye.

View attachment 778317

View attachment 778318

View attachment 778317

View attachment 778318
Where are you launching from near the lower North Channel? Just wondering if thet Decker's DNR launch site is re-opened? Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I launched from Fairhaven and ran across the bay.
That is not too far of a ride to take I guess. I go out there from the Harley on the Clinton River. Quite a haul from there, so I only go when it's not too windy at all. I might just drive up to Fair Haven and launch there my next time I want to go to the north Channel. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts