Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got any good news about Lake Margarethe?? I'd like to take my boat over there and give it a try. Maybe over by the camp.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The walleye are improving, still catching bass 3/1 over 'eyes. A ton were dropped in there this spring and it will get better. Question in my mind is, will 90% of the bigger fish be caught and kept each spring and you'll be left with 12"-14" fish through the summer? The way that lake collapsed it's clear that the pressure exceeds the stocking rate and limits the quality of the fishery.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
The walleye are improving, still catching bass 3/1 over 'eyes. A ton were dropped in there this spring and it will get better. Question in my mind is, will 90% of the bigger fish be caught and kept each spring and you'll be left with 12"-14" fish through the summer? The way that lake collapsed it's clear that the pressure exceeds the stocking rate and limits the quality of the fishery.
That's what happened in Crooked and Pickeral lakes just north of Petoskey.
They stocked it every few years for awhile but it's a battle to catch a keeper, so now they stopped stocking since the growth rate is so slow.
I gave up and haven't fished it this year.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fished it on Oct 12 caught 2 unders and 2 @ 19+, would have caught more but the weather moved in and I moved out......plan on fishing it Tuesday afternoon/eve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts