Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Watching. Plan to hit SSP on Saturday once this all calms down...

Reactions: BCBoy

·
Registered
636 Posts
What's the water clarity looking like over there? I am guessing its dirty.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What's the water clarity looking like over there? I am guessing its dirty.
Plenty of clean water out there...especially by the weekend..and BC using the Lake Erie charter captain method ..2 oz inline with 50-60’ of line out..seen something Else also..check out the dnr erie report..they talking walleye also..but in closer

·
Registered
636 Posts
Awesome. Thanks. We plan on fishing Saturday out of SSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
That’s the plan. Go north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Plenty of clean water out there...especially by the weekend..and BC using the Lake Erie charter captain method ..2 oz inline with 50-60’ of line out..seen something Else also..check out the dnr erie report..they talking walleye also..but in closer
Are you running 50 ft of line with your crankbait then clipping on your 2oz. weight and letting out another 50-60 ft. of line to a board? Can you do the same using spoons or crawler harnesses? I'm just trying to get a feel for using snap weights. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I’ve never ran snap weights with cranks I’m new to the game only few years fishing this way but managed limits and lot of big fish 10-13lbs eyes just pulling cranks on Erie?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve never ran snap weights with cranks I’m new to the game only few years fishing this way but managed limits and lot of big fish 10-13lbs eyes just pulling cranks on Erie?
Are you using boards? I seem to do better with dipseys when pulling cranks or in line weights. Just not fond of boards I guess. I’m new to it too and just try to keep watching and learning.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Are you using boards? I seem to do better with dipseys when pulling cranks or in line weights. Just not fond of boards I guess. I’m new to it too and just try to keep watching and learning.
Yes off shore boards

1 - 20 of 24 Posts