Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bait from 3 different known locations (maybe more i dont know about) last week had a bunch of perch minnows mixed in with the walleye minnows. Anyone know if this issue still exists or if it has since been fixed?

· Banned
5,182 Posts
The bait dealers try their best to seperate the sizes by grates and its not as easy as it may seem. Also there are other things to consider, accidentally mixed up at store (employee error) or thats all they got either take whats available or take none and have no bait for anyone.

· Registered
361 Posts
I prefer a mixed ratio myself. I get my minnows in saginaw and usually buy 2 dozen at a time. I haven't once been shorted actual walleye minnows but there has always been extra dozen free perch minnows. What is there to complain about? I like free and a whole perch minnow on a size 1 do-jigger slays on the bay. I always thank the guy and throw him a $1 tip every time. Not necessarily a get rich business and i won't drive across town to save $3 on minnows as my time is more valuable. Stay humble

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Small Water coolers with the screw on lid work good. Might have to bang on the lid to unscrew when its really cold. Can put that in a bucket to prevent it from being a flying projectile within your shanty.
That's what I use. Seems minnows die quickly, which doesn't bother me really, but my buddy always gets mad cuz he wants to set up tip ups and dead sticks. Waste of jiggin time to me lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.