Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick heads up, stopped into Wal-Mart yesterday, and they have marked down all their hunting stuff, with some great deals on muzzle loaders and supplies, including bullets and powder. T/C Omega (black/blued), $249; Traditions Pursuit LT (camo/nickle), $188. By the way, bought my son one of the Traditions earlier this year, and it is a great gun. At this price, don't think I'll be able to resist buying another.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought a Winchester 1300 20 gauge youth model in Virginia for $100 on clearance about a month ago. That was a big steal. Whether you like Walmart or not, they sell more guns than anyone in the US. Therefore, they have the greatest leverage on the gun companies in terms of cost margin. Always, always go to Walmart after the season. They mark everything down 50-75%. If you need something, dont miss out.

JAS

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My finace is sporting goods manager of the Wal-Mart in Belleville, and she marked her archery and camo on clearnce back at the beginning of Nov. was mostly all gone in two days. When comes to selling guns her store is the top selling Wal-Mart in her regions for guns. For Christmas she bought me a Remington model 870 super magnum for $100 what a steal. As for her muzzle loading stuff last time I was in she didn't have much left. I don't care what anybody thinks I believe Wal-Mart to be one of the best boxed stores ever. I do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart including groceries and most of my christmas presents came from Wal-Mart.

I Believe there are alot of union workers boycott Wal-Mart for not being unionized I used to be a union man until they fired me because I was going to college. As for boycotting Wal-Mart for not being unionized all I can say is do you shop at Home Depot or Lowes the two largest hardware stores in the world neither of these stores are unionized either I know personally The Home Depot is not because I used to work there.

Sorry so long I had to vent,

fulldraw

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
There are alot more reasons to boycott Walmart than "because their not unionized".

The first reason is that your local shops who can not only sell you the product but they can actually service them & offer you expert advice on good set ups and tips are going out of business every day because someone bought a gun or rod at Walmart because they could save $20-$50.

Ask walmart how much gunsmithing they've done in 05'! :rant:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sounds like i need to buy my guns at walmart and turn around and sell them for a profit!!!! My Bro is a manager as well he can get me another 10% off.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Gotta love those year end sales at wally world ! I'm in the UAW ,and my wife works for Walmart . Walmart doesn't bother me a bit , and I shop there all the time .;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just got off the phone from Wally's world, they have dropped the Buddy tree stand down to $59 and the climber to $44 and the Razor to $30. I checked at MC and they can't touch that price and I imagine the same with Gander and Cab. Just for headup info. If they get them down low enough, those that go out and steel them won't be steeling much. Thumper

I thought a union was something that joined two pieces of pipe together.:confused:

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
AAAHHHHH!!!!! Wal Mart!!!! Thank You!!!!!

I do a lot of business with union plumbers and pipefitters, for the most part, they all boycott Wal Mart too. They're missing out. The funny thing is they buy all of their materials from me. Our shop is not unionized. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I always buy my hunting stuff at the end of the year. Like was already said, you can get 75% off on selected items. Last year they had Knight&Hale 4 oz. bottled deer urines for a buck! I bought 10 bottles. I like to support the local sports stores, but you would be a fool not to buy it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The reason the building trades boycott WalMart is because when ever a new store gets built they will not even let union contractors bid on the work. Our cost of labor is the same as the non union sector except for the owner of our company gets a little less prof than the sc--bs i mean non union.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My girlfriend works at wal mart and yes I do spend some dollars there but I also shop at plenty of other stores as well. I would rather spend my money in a local shop and get personalized service but sometimes thats not possible.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The Woodhaven store was built by Union workers the only one that I know of but they built that I am for sure of. I know archery stores who wait for Wal-Mart to put there stuff on clearance. Then they turn around and sell it at there store (smart idea if you ask me). What about Home Depot and Lowes does union workers boycot those stores I doubt but would love to find out.

fulldraw

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I don't shop at walmarts for hunting and fishing equipment. Same goes for meijers or any other of those types of stores. I'm picky when it comes to such things. They don't carry the quality items that I prefer. Hunting clothing would be a different story if they had much of a selection. The times I've looked they didn't. So I've not bought any clothing from them either.
Thanks for the head up anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was at Wal mart last night and have question about a gun price, a Wichester Model 70 super shadow 243 WSSM with a cheapie Simmons scope for $399. That seems like a good buy, but I am not certain, any input? I have been looking for a varmint rifle to also double as a deer rifle when my kids get older.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Not unionized...yet another reason to buy at Wal-Mart!:) Seriously though, up here it's a one-stop shop in town after a 65 mile drive for us...can't beat it and we can even get the kids a hair cut AND get a burger at McDonalds. I guess I've never considered buying a gun from there, but love all the junk they offer that I'd have to visit 3-4 other stores instead of 1 to buy at. Pretty conveniant! What a deal on food plot seed you can get as well...I'm already stocked up for next year. Can't stand the parking lot..but love the conveniance.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
WILDCATWICK said:
There are alot more reasons to boycott Walmart than "because their not unionized".

The first reason is that your local shops who can not only sell you the product but they can actually service them & offer you expert advice on good set ups and tips are going out of business every day because someone bought a gun or rod at Walmart because they could save $20-$50.

Ask walmart how much gunsmithing they've done in 05'! :rant:
Gotta agree here. Please don't let me see anyone who's posting on here come back and post in a thread against free trade or how are we going to keep jobs in America. Walmart straps all of their suppliers to the bone and then when they've bled the turnip dry they buy from oversees.

Now I'm not against this because Walmart is just doing what we as a society want. And I am a big fan of market driven economies. Just gets me irked when many folks scream about job losses and declining high paying jobs and then drive up to walmarts because they have such low prices.

Ok back on topic. Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts