Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to plan a trip to some new territory, but dont know where to go. My problem is i dont have access to a quad or sled. Looking for any helpful info, and im open to fishing anywhere that i can walk, please help!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Where have you been would definitely help?
Plenty of spots in Saginaw
wicks, bean, 1st st
North or south of Z-bridge.
Pickle park on M13
Then into BC
Cass ave boat launch
Boys/Girls club
Vets bridge
East or West Indy bridge
Essexville
Smith park
DNR launch to mouth

Take your pick....they each have their own day. Easy access.
Check thread at top for access will help.
Get a map, throw a dart
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I highly recommend a camera to the walking crowd on the Bay. You need to find weeds or structure, the camera really helps. 10-15' can be too far away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never fished the bay but really want too, but like i said i have no way to drive on the ice. Thanks for the info and feel free to PM me with more info...

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
When I lived there I always fished at Wicks Park, Washington Park, and downstream of the Z Bridge. I don't think that I ever went much more than 100 yards from where I parked the car. There was not too many days that I did not catch a bunch of nice walleyes either. Once the sun gets high in the sky the walleyes turn off so pack some tip ups and set them for pike closer to shore. There are some monster pike in there too. You will get some walleyes to hit on the tip ups as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts