Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is It Legal To Use A Flashlight To Walk To And From My Hunting Shack In The Dark???? Gun Is Not Laoded Till I'am In The Shack, And Arrow Is In Qwiver Till Seated In Stand....

Jeff

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
"A deer hunter may use an artificial light one hour before and one hour after shooting hours while carrying an unloaded firearm or bow and arrow when traveling on foot to or from their hunting location."

"Firearms must be unloaded in the barrel, and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours."

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
yes,,, god knows i've been in the dark and in need of a light all my life....
Is It Legal To Use A Flashlight To Walk To And From My Hunting Shack In The Dark???? Gun Is Not Laoded Till I'am In The Shack, And Arrow Is In Qwiver Till Seated In Stand....

Jeff

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I actually have gotten flack on that twice from a CO some years back.

Had a rather lenghty walk at that particular spot and by the time I hit the truck it was a solid 1/2 hour past the "hour" mark. Lady gave me grief cause she thought I was sitting past shooting hours. Told her to follow my tracks and she'd get my point. Also told her to wear hip boots :D

Couple days later there were in fact tracks to my blind and out. Saw her several weeks later and she said "no problem."

My point, its one of those laws that has a lot of CO discretion built into it.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,448 Posts
I would only add that if you DON'T use a flashlight when travelling to and from your spot you're risking getting shot by someone who may not be as meticulous as they should in identifying their target before letting fly. Bad stuff happens sometimes - Be safe out there! :)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Very good point Yooperkenny. I thought only CO's snuck around in the dark without a flashlight. Either way, the question has been answered. Thanks Spiritofthewild_06 and malainse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.