Sent from my SCH-I500 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
26,568 Posts
I start getting beamed in :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I usually take a small amount of t.p out of my pack and give a little wipe to areas in need. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just keep walking. They should come back eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
I usually shoot them. Texas heart shot if their going away.:lol:

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
I never try to sneak into my stands anymore. I walk in at a slow steady pace,, if there are deer in the area they'll just meander off at their own accord,, most times they don't go far at all. Now on the other hand,, if you sneak in on a deer and BUST 'EM outta there,,, that now becomes a danger spot for them.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Last year i started grunting as i walk in every 10 or 20 paces. I couldnt sneak into this spot quietly with the acres of prickers. This is a spot i only get to hunt one week out of the year and it public lands so i wasnt to concerned about future hunts. But ended up kicking up to very large 8 points about 60 yds away. I dug out my actual grunt call and hit it a few times. They were looking all over trying to find what they thought was a deer. I took a shot at 40 yds up hill at the largest 8 when he presented a shot and i blew it. Hit him high in the no mans land between the spine and top of lungs. CraZy day that was but i still get sick when i think about it. Definatly the biggest buck i have ever seen and i blew it.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Im with whb. I try not to act like a predator. I have always felt deer know if they are being hunted.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If its private property plan accordingly only use the said stand on the right wind and no light or a red light if need be. Ideally you can or should be unseen until you start the climb into the stand.. that's where screens can really come into play...I have learned that bumping deer is the last thing you want to do.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts