Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get Any i love them it just makes me feel secure lately ive been going without i don't like the vest ones my old waist one grew into a tree i left on accident up over winter i have been looking for the Belt but i don't know how to sew so that's out unless you guys have some theorys thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
630 Posts
if you are not going to wear a full harness, definitely don't wear a belt. Hunt from the ground. There is a reason you can't find one.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've fallen with the waist ones they work just fine the bottom if my climber fell im a lighter guy and i wear them up a bit from waist and they work

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rough water that's exactly what im looking for

·
Registered
794 Posts
Your welcome. Call them to place the order. The lady is so nice to talk to..and funny. Cant beat the price or warrenty.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Shift,

It seems clear this is a path that you'll pursue regardless of what anyone says. My job forces me to have hunter safety at the forefront with every decision I make here at work.

Bigshow is right on the money regarding the safety of this type of device. There is a reason that no respected treestand or safety harness company produces this device. Your feeling of safety, having fallen and used one, is a false sense of security. Frankly, in my mind your the exact guy that should use the most modern and up-to-date device available because you actually know you can fall out of stand, you've done it brother!

I have educated thoughts on your placement of the device when you fell but just deleted them for legal reasons. I'm never going to get hung out to dry for sharing thoughts on where you placed a device that no one in the industry endorses and in fact highly regards as dangerous. Next time it may not go so swimmingly and I'll bet there are people that would either miss you or be burdened taking care of you for the rest of your life. It happens each year. Please take it in the spirit intended, there's no need to get hurt nowadays when utilizing the proper safety equipment.:)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Try gomuddy.com

Their harness's are not the full vest style and very light weight, user friendly as well

·
Premium Member
30,900 Posts
With all that is known about tree safety I can't believe anybody would seek to not use a harness.
This might speed up the inevidability of another fall. :lol:

Seriously though, find a HARNESS that fits and is comfortable...and use it!!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Do your family a favor and buy a full harness.

THIS!

There is a very good reason OSHA banned the use of single belts as fall protection starting in 1997. I teach Fall Protection for the construction industry and the actual recorded injury/death numbers between a fall harness and a single belt system don't lie. A single belt doesn't even come close to the safety provided by the harness.

It's up to you I guess. You do know that there are other harness options other than a full vest right? I hate the vest style as well. I have one that is just webbing straps (much like the ones I wear at work, except not as bulky or loud) and I don't even notice I have it on most of the time.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
With all that is known about tree safety I can't believe anybody would seek to not use a FULL BODY harness.

Had to add two words Tony, technically his was/is a harness.

·
Registered
26,599 Posts
With all that is known about tree safety I can't believe anybody would seek to not use a harness.

That's the one my significant other wants to get me for Christmas. I think Tony beat her to it though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts