Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Redington benchmark wading boots. Probably the best pair of wading boots I've owned. I recently noticed that the sides of them are starting to deteriorate. Is there anything that I can do to stop them or at least slow down the rotting process? Any help would be great.
Shoe Light Lamp Outdoor shoe Walking shoe

Walking shoe Grey Floor Lamp Outdoor shoe

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Not sure what the warranty situation is for Redington, but Patagonia or Simms would likely repair or replace, so it's worth checking into.

Did you frequently dry your wading boots in the sun? That can cause some issues if done consistently. I always dry my waders and boots out of the sun. I only ask because the rest of the boots don't look to be overly worn out or abused...

Reactions: FLYKING02

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its hard for me to dry my boots outside at my apartment just because I don't want them being stolen. I typically squeeze them to get most of the water out, then shove old towels down in them and let them sit in the tub.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the same thing happen on some wading boots as well. I think, at least in my case, it was merely a function of what I paid for the boots. Historically, the less I spend the quicker it happens. I'm not trying to sound like a gear snob as I am the king of frugality (ask my wife), but I've probably had 3 $50-75 pair of wading boots that this has happened to and now I just bit the bullet on some Orvis Ultralights and we shall see if it happens with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts